Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
It would appear Ale are the house brand of APG whom make Giordana stuff ( quite like them) . So it’s an XL for me .

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Planet-X have SKS Chromoplastics at £9.99 for 700c and £7.49 for 26”.
Bargain. I have them on my Commuter/Tourer
I am tempted on some of these, just not a 100% sure they will fit on my Dawes Giro 300. Annoyingly I did not see them when I ordered from PX last week.
If your Dawes is a road bike then they should fit.
Only issue with the mudguards is PX’s ridiculous £6.99 DPD postage charge!
As below. they do come in a wheel box so as to not damage them. At £9.99 + £6.99.. they are a bargain.
Mudguards are very big packages though ?

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
If your Dawes is a road bike then they should fit.

It is a road bike, its one of the modernish aluminium ones, but I will take a punt, they will make it a bit more practical for the days I fancy taking it rather than the brompton to the office.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It is a road bike, its one of the modernish aluminium ones, but I will take a punt, they will make it a bit more practical for the days I fancy taking it rather than the brompton to the office.

Just a small warning. they are a complete faff to fit correctly. You need a decent junior hacksaw or Dremel tool to cut the metal stays to length. If you're not that handy or don't fancy the faff, give to your LBS to fit.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Just a small warning. they are a complete faff to fit correctly. You need a decent junior hacksaw or Dremel tool to cut the metal stays to length. If you're not that handy or don't fancy the faff, give to your LBS to fit.

I have fitted some SKS ones on my Hybrid so know all too well how much of a faff it is, but well worth the warning.

Top Bottom