Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wandered in a Home Bargains yesterday.
Bell inner tubes in 700/26 inch and 20 inch sizes for 99p.
Have never used them before but the info/guide on the box made them seem convincing.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Wandered in a Home Bargains yesterday.
Bell inner tubes in 700/26 inch and 20 inch sizes for 99p.
Have never used them before but the info/guide on the box made them seem convincing.

Ohh, given the number of 26" ones I've trashed recently.... hopefully that should be gone with the new tyres, but I'm living in hope.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
For those who prefer 'paper' maps when touring, Sustrans currently have a sale on some of their longer distance cycle route maps. £4 each:
Lôn Las Cymru North
Lôn Las Cymru South
Lochs and Glens South
The Bay Cycle Way
Pennine Cycleway South
Pennine Cycleway North
Bath to Bournemouth

The Varsity Way
Shakespeare Cycleway
Celtic Trail
Great Western Way
South Coast East
South Coast West
London to Brighton

https://shop.sustrans.org.uk/map-sale

Tom B

Guru
punctured tubes usually the fault of the tyres surely?
(or not checking them enough)

I find tired tires get softer and puncture far easier. Loadsa punctures are usually a cue for me to replace the tyres.

Made even worse if you ride them around flat.... Not that I'd ever do that.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
For those who prefer 'paper' maps when touring, Sustrans currently have a sale on some of their longer distance cycle route maps. £4 each:
Lôn Las Cymru North
Lôn Las Cymru South
Lochs and Glens South
The Bay Cycle Way
Pennine Cycleway South
Pennine Cycleway North
Bath to Bournemouth

The Varsity Way
Shakespeare Cycleway
Celtic Trail
Great Western Way
South Coast East
South Coast West
London to Brighton

https://shop.sustrans.org.uk/map-sale
£5.99 Standard delivery for one map? They must be joking but sadly just a rip off. DPD £10.95.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
?
£2.95 for delivery on the mainland, which I'll grant you is still not cheap unless you're buying a few maps.
I am very careful about delivery charges as many assume that we are a shower of ignorant hicks and live so far away that they can get off with anything. I am a PA75 postcode which used to carry a very small surcharge but many things still come free of carriage charges.
Not relevant to this but we were once charged £50 for a parcel from a Glasgow suburb which actually cost £4.50 from Glasgow depot to here. I have many stories about rip off charges and some in English midlands refuse to deliver at any price.😠

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
punctured tubes usually the fault of the tyres surely?
(or not checking them enough)
Thorns. Loads on my commute. Fitted heavier tyres now

vickster

Legendary Member
Have they managed to make the silvery reflective jackets/gilets lighter, any less plasticky and less boil in the bag yet?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Have they managed to make the silvery reflective jackets/gilets lighter, any less plasticky and less boil in the bag yet?
I used to find the gilet fine for winter commuting, in summer it was generally daylight so not an issue as I didn't wear it, but agree its not a summer garment, hence I favoured a gilet over a full jacket. They are brilliant for being seen on the winter commute, you notice people wearing them really stand out when you're driving.

Top Bottom