Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

straas

Matt
Probably not a pre pandemic level bargain, but seems reasonable for the spec given supply issues and prices at the moment.

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/fuji-jari-...Incentivized&sv_tax4=0&sv_affiliate_id=249371

Boopop

Guru
If anyone fancies a garage upgrade, this may be a good option.

Ought to be a pleasant change from my current setup!
1634908375425.png

Last edited by a moderator:

vickster

Legendary Member
Good spot - have never understood the advantage of folding tyres unless you are heading out to ultra ultra remote places touring loaded and want to carry a spare with you. And very few folk do that.
They’re lighter I think :okay:
Just fitted the folding version to the Ti, very smooth over the rough roads round here and no noticeable loss of speed at least in the burbs

They’re lighter I think :okay:

fair enough - but lightness matters not a jot to me. i just hope that the lightness has been achieved by savings on the wiring, not the "rubber" and anti-puncture layer. I do have some Vittoria folders on one bike (basically because they were cheap from planetx from the pre-plague days) but they do puncture quite easily.

vickster

Legendary Member
No point spending £££ on a lighter bike and then sticking heavier than necessary tyres on :okay: everything else being equal

Mike_P

Guru
IME folders are simpler to fit especially on narrower rims where you are using a wider tyre than possibly the rim was ideally designed for - an issue that can come into play with inner tubes where the lower range up to the size of the tyre fir easilly but a wider range upto a far wider tyre are a complete pain verging on becoming impossible to fit.

Top Bottom