Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rivers

How far can I go?
If anyone is really tall...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 21.55.40.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 21.55.40.png
    301.4 KB · Views: 83

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
If anyone is really tall...
That looks suspiciously like a FM098 Dengfu frame. Not that there is anything wrong with them. I have one. :whistle:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/men's-all-weather-cycling-jacket/p/074704145842901

That's the jacket I mean. I'm based in the north east. Not expected to be down in London anytime soon. Was wanting it for my LEJOG trip!

When's the lejog? If you wait awhile I am sure something suitable will turn up on here - this thread has always reminded me of the tale about sitting by the river awhile and just waiting for your enemies to surely float by. If you just get the basics of your cycling gear and accessories in time lots of wonderful quality stuff floats by this thread at discounts of 40 per cent plus.

On Aldi tops, if you are into layering, the older black waterproof jacket at £20 (once saw one at £10 - should have snapped it up) is perfectly decent - not sure if it will reappear. Have seen a fair few folk around London wearing them.

Re my plugging of that gilet up above I found this long list of reviews:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/endura-laser-gilet/rp-prod18079

some of the criticisms are barmy (no pockets on the back, back seems lightweight - clearly meant to be and my Castelli is - and I personally pay no attention whatsoever to anyone who uses the word "apparel") but it does seem that there is an issue with the zip - not disastrous but annoying - and it appears in a fair few of the reviews, including positive ones.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Re my plugging of that gilet up above I found this long list of reviews:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/endura-laser-gilet/rp-prod18079

some of the criticisms are barmy (no pockets on the back, back seems lightweight - clearly meant to be and my Castelli is - and I personally pay no attention whatsoever to anyone who uses the word "apparel") but it does seem that there is an issue with the zip - not disastrous but annoying - and it appears in a fair few of the reviews, including positive ones.

Yeah, I have problems with zips on most of the Endura stuff I have - but it's still good stuff. I'm on my second Gridlock jacket and trousers and overshoes (the first sets lasted years and years)

Anyhoo - You sold it - I ordered the gilet.

So it had better be nice - or I'm holding you personally responsible :tongue:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Got Amazon Prime?

Get this sports nutrition sample box for £10 and get a £10 credit against further selected nutrition or slimming products applied to your account.

And as I wasn't too fussed for next day delivery, I downgraded delivery to 3-5 days and got another promotional £5 credit - and the box arrived after 2 days...:okay:

Yeah, I have problems with zips on most of the Endura stuff I have - but it's still good stuff. I'm on my second Gridlock jacket and trousers and overshoes (the first sets lasted years and years)

Anyhoo - You sold it - I ordered the gilet.

So it had better be nice - or I'm holding you personally responsible :tongue:
do report back - I was going to buy it but backed out as sticking zips irritate me.
I may still go for it (if there any left by then)

GuyBoden

Guru
good regular price for sure but many Aldi's still have GT85 for £1.99 in the same size.

This ToolStation PTFE has a lot more PTFE than GT85, so I've started using it as a dry weather chain lube. I take my chain off, clean it, hang it up and spray both roller sides with PTFE spray, leave it to dry and wipe any excess off. There is a lot of white PTFE (Teflon) on the chain when I've finished.

I've used GT85 as a cleaning solvent, it seems to have very little PTFE.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
do report back - I was going to buy it but backed out as sticking zips irritate me.
I may still go for it (if there any left by then)

It came this morning and I must say I an extremely happy with it. It's Well worth the money (I paid). The picture doesn't do it justice.

The the collar is very generous, as is the coverage on the backside. The back is well vented (apart from the bottom and shoulders) and the loop for hanging a light is a nice touch - although I tend to use the ones on Camelbak or my rucksack.

It's nice and bright, plus has reflective areas on the shoulders and Zip. The fabric is very light and there is a pull-string on the neck (rear) and one each side at the base too.

The zip seems to behave better than the one on my new Gridlock jacket, but (as with all Endura stuff I have found) care still has to be taken, not to catch the over-flap (at the back) in the zip

The fit is good with plenty of chest room for me - I am a 42 chest I think a Medium would have been too tight. It would probably fit anyone up to a 44 chest easily.

Folds down small enough to fit in the storage area of my Camelbak Rogue - which isn't too big.

Get one while stocks last.

Last edited:
Airwave AirBlast Tubeless Tyre Track Pump £36 from CRC

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/airwave-airblast-tubeless-tyre-track-pump/rp-prod142714

Both track pump and tubeless chamber in one. You use the track pump to charge up the integrated chamber and then use a small lever by the pump head to swap over to the chamber for a quick "shoot" of air. I borrowed one to use and was very impressed, waited for them to come back into stock, is the cheapest type of this pump I have seen, my friend who's pump I borrowed paid £70 in his local LBS

Top Bottom