Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
I can't believe they will implement this to be honest.......:okay:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have had it turned down on some tools. Fair enough, they were already better than half price. When I have used them to price match bike parts they always allow an extra 10% though.

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
I have only ever used the card for the bike to be honest . I didn't know you used to be able to use the BC card in other departments of Halfords until now !

pclay

Veteran
BC website states:

• Discount is supplied to British Cycling members with a valid British Cycling Membership card.
• 10% off is valid on any cycling-related purchase, excludes gift vouchers and Halfords Autocentres.
• May not be used in conjunction with any other voucher.
• Discount cannot be used in conjunction with other instore promotions.
• Discount not applicable on sale items.
• Discount can only be used once per transaction.
• Discount is not redeemable for cash.
• Exclusive to British Cycling Members.
• Discount is not redeemable online.

how to you prove if something is cycling related? Car touch up paint and car polish could be for a bike. Question is, will the staff really enforce this?

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/membership/article/halfords-discounts

400bhp

Guru
Reasonable enough policy.:smile:

Edit. Actually that becomes too much of a faff. Most, if not all Halfords cycling products are often discounted in some way.

Sixmile

Veteran
My local store was on the ball pretty quickly. I used to be able to get 10% off everything, rarely with a quibble. A few months ago I just about got 10% off some bike gear but absolutely not off any non bike related items.

J1888

Über Member
Evans are doing 3 for 2 on some clothing...

...I found this out when going to collect 2 pairs of Kalf socks which were reduced to about £3.50 - the chap in store informed me that I could get a third pair for free, so three pairs of socks for just over £7...not bad...if they're half decent

Slioch

Guru
Just to close down part of the Halford's v British Cycling discount question upthread, I picked my new bike up this morning. It was reduced from £250 to £200 in the sale, and there were no quibbles at all about claiming a further 10% discount with my BC card.

I only bought bike related things, so cannot clarify the position re' getting the 10% discount on non-cycling stuff.

Just been out for a short pootle on it (Raleigh EVO 2 Folder), and it seems a great wee bike. I appreciate it's not a Bickerton, but for £180 I'm a happy bunny so far, and it's filled a gaping hole in my stable of bikes.

J1888

Über Member
Just to close down part of the Halford's v British Cycling discount question upthread, I picked my new bike up this morning. It was reduced from £250 to £200 in the sale, and there were no quibbles at all about claiming a further 10% discount with my BC card.

I only bought bike related things, so cannot clarify the position re' getting the 10% discount on non-cycling stuff.

Just been out for a short pootle on it (Raleigh EVO 2 Folder), and it seems a great wee bike. I appreciate it's not a Bickerton, but for £180 I'm a happy bunny so far, and it's filled a gaping hole in my stable of bikes.

Glad you got the discount, but having checked with British Cycling via email, the policy has definitely changed, to now NOT allow it to be used on sale items. So, you've profited from someone who either doesn't know that the rules have changed, or doesn't care. Either way, good work!

Top Bottom