Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
One for the more generously sized cyclists amongst us, Prendas have the iconic Santini Mapei long sleeved top for just £12.99!
Only available in 5XL, but a real bargain if that's your size
2014-09-12-Mapei-Retro-Jersey-Long-Sleeve-Full-Zip_1200x.jpg

https://www.prendas.co.uk/products/...utm_source=googleshopping&variant=30462332807

gaijintendo

Veteran
One for the more generously sized cyclists amongst us, Prendas have the iconic Santini Mapei long sleeved top for just £12.99!
View attachment 393047

https://www.prendas.co.uk/products/...utm_source=googleshopping&variant=30462332807

Tha Santini site only goes to 4XLL...
https://www.santinisms.it/en/content/size_fit_guide-17

adamhearn

Veteran

Slioch

Guru
View attachment 393047

A couple of years back I was out on a ride and bumped into a chap wearing one of these jersey's, and with the matching shorts and cap too! We were going in the same direction so chatted away for a few miles as you do.

How can I put this delicately? He was most certainly highly visible, but I believe you need a certain level of chutzpah to be able to wear this kit.

:crazy:^_^

benb

Evidence based cyclist

Slioch

Guru
Not under the new terms its not.
But I don't think many Halfords staff know this yet...

I am a British Cycling member and was looking forward to the extra 10% off, but wasn't aware that they'd changed the t&c's, so thanks for the heads-up. :sad:

Let's see if I can blag it. :angel:

Slioch

Guru
You're right, and still mentions the 10% discount on the front page of the BC website too.
I've decided to buy so I'll be picking it up on Sat. I'll report back if there's any problem with them applying the discount.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Allegedly the discount is not applicable on sale items or any other discount. But I think that has always been the case, so it is worth trying.

Mike_P

Guru
They claim to only go to 2xl for women but they do 3xl jackets which are more like a large in any sensible brand (having bought, tried and returned) !!! So a men's 5xl if a race fit will be nothing like!!
From another site
"Santini clothing is designed to be form fitting, cut for an anatomical fit for the best aerodynamic advantage clothing can offer. As such, if you're looking for a more relaxed fit, please size up one size to ensure getting a well fitted garment (For example, If you usually take a Medium, we'd recommend taking a Large)."
The 4XL is quoted as being 116-120cm chest, so the the 5XL is a relaxed fit for 116-120cm chest which compared to Polaris sizing for example where XL is 112cm chest and XXL 120cm chest.

pclay

Veteran
Can someone advice what the new Halfords t&c's are in relation to BC discount and possibly a link?

I used my BC at Halfords just the other day when I got some new car headlight bulbs.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
They claim to only go to 2xl for women but they do 3xl jackets which are more like a large in any sensible brand (having bought, tried and returned) !!! So a men's 5xl if a race fit will be nothing like!!

From another site
"Santini clothing is designed to be form fitting, cut for an anatomical fit for the best aerodynamic advantage clothing can offer. As such, if you're looking for a more relaxed fit, please size up one size to ensure getting a well fitted garment (For example, If you usually take a Medium, we'd recommend taking a Large)."
The 4XL is quoted as being 116-120cm chest, so the the 5XL is a relaxed fit for 116-120cm chest which compared to Polaris sizing for example where XL is 112cm chest and XXL 120cm chest.

Santini kit does come up small, I normally take an L, sometimes an XL, but my favourite Santini top is an XXL and is definitely "race fit". ^_^
I'm looking at those measurements though and thinking that 5XL might be OK with a few winter layers underneath...;)

Edit to add: Sold out now though, so I'll never know :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom