Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
If youre using it in conjunction with your bike -- I hope you enjoy your sweaty back!

Only for winter use on my 3 mile commute - so not a problem

PS - my back sweats - just THINKING of any physical activity

Good choice - my preferred jacket at this time of the year. Loose fit, windproof front & normal jersey like fabric on the back for body heat dispersion. May have to get one in as a spare.
Thanks to Elysian for recommending this. I went for one. It's great and a great partner to the Altura Varium which a fair few of us on here picked up cheap a while ago. In response to the mini debate which seems to have opened on this downthread I too like stuff slightly loose - I am no racing snake, have no wish to be (some of those folk look like their health is on a knife edge) and its fitting allows for nice warm stuff under the shell. My Airstream and Varium are great paired with an Aldi merino wool base layer and a buff tucked in - Polartec for the particularly cold London days.

Like the Varium it blocks wind very well but you need to be moving at a fair crack for the top to do its stuff. You need to generate heat. I have worn these things sometime on tootly social rides round London in the cold and you do start to freeze. This is not a criticism of the Airstream or the Varium - they are both great. If only the Airstream had a small zip pocket on the front like the Varium it would be perfect.

I like Altura stuff - they use some excellent materials these days and I find their stuff pretty stylish without being bonkers-so. And good value, particularly if sourced through this thread where their stuff very often pops up. They seem to have stabilised their sizing these days as well which means I can pretty safely buy stuff untried.

Ride on slightly baggy crew and thanks again for the original notice of this and you jenkins for the good review which pushed me.

bpsmith

Veteran
By the by, I'd be more worried about slipping off on ice in those sort of temperatures.
I am talking about those crisp days where the sun has come up and melted the ice and frost away, yet the lack of cloud cover means the temperature doesn’t rise hugely all day.

You’re right about riding on ice mind you.

vickster

Legendary Member
ps - blocked the pop up - still no price visible - sod that.

Attachments

• IMG_0101.PNG
    IMG_0101.PNG
    87.9 KB · Views: 47
Top Bottom