1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Discussion in 'Shopping, Services, Offers and Reviews' started by alecstilleyedye, 14 Sep 2008.

Tags:
  1. adamhearn

adamhearn Über Member

Wow, that’s a set of colours! I just don’t think I’m flashy enough for it good price reduction at least.

NorthernDave likes this.
  2. Slioch

Slioch Veteran

A couple of years back I was out on a ride and bumped into a chap wearing one of these jersey's, and with the matching shorts and cap too! We were going in the same direction so chatted away for a few miles as you do.

How can I put this delicately? He was most certainly highly visible, but I believe you need a certain level of chutzpah to be able to wear this kit.

:crazy:^_^

simon.r and NorthernDave like this.
  3. Slioch

Slioch Veteran

Halford's have reduced the price of their Raleigh Evo 2 folding bike from £250 down to £200.

I need a folder due to my employer changing work location, so I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on this. I've reserved one in store using "Click and Collect", so have until the end of Sunday to make my mind up.

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/folding-bikes/raleigh-evo-2-folding-bike

NorthernDave likes this.
  4. benb

benb Evidence based cyclist

Extra 10% off if you are a British Cycling member

Slioch likes this.
  5. broady

broady Über Member

Not under the new terms its not.
    But I don't think many Halfords staff know this yet...

NorthernDave and Slioch like this.
  6. Slioch

Slioch Veteran

I am a British Cycling member and was looking forward to the extra 10% off, but wasn't aware that they'd changed the t&c's, so thanks for the heads-up. :sad:

Let's see if I can blag it. :angel:

broady and NorthernDave like this.
  7. CharlesF

CharlesF Über Member

The website still says you do
    This got me worried, as it's a great benefit; but the website still says this:
    upload_2018-1-25_17-26-59.png

Attached Files:

Slioch likes this.
  8. Slioch

Slioch Veteran

You're right, and still mentions the 10% discount on the front page of the BC website too.
    I've decided to buy so I'll be picking it up on Sat. I'll report back if there's any problem with them applying the discount.

simon.r likes this.
  9. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

Allegedly the discount is not applicable on sale items or any other discount. But I think that has always been the case, so it is worth trying.

10. Mike_P

Mike_P Über Member

From another site
    "Santini clothing is designed to be form fitting, cut for an anatomical fit for the best aerodynamic advantage clothing can offer. As such, if you're looking for a more relaxed fit, please size up one size to ensure getting a well fitted garment (For example, If you usually take a Medium, we'd recommend taking a Large)."
    The 4XL is quoted as being 116-120cm chest, so the the 5XL is a relaxed fit for 116-120cm chest which compared to Polaris sizing for example where XL is 112cm chest and XXL 120cm chest.

11. pclay

pclay Über Member

Can someone advice what the new Halfords t&c's are in relation to BC discount and possibly a link?

I used my BC at Halfords just the other day when I got some new car headlight bulbs.

12. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

Santini kit does come up small, I normally take an L, sometimes an XL, but my favourite Santini top is an XXL and is definitely "race fit". ^_^
    I'm looking at those measurements though and thinking that 5XL might be OK with a few winter layers underneath...;)

Edit to add: Sold out now though, so I'll never know :rolleyes:

Last edited: 25 Jan 2018
    Blue Hills likes this.
  13. broady

broady Über Member

The Halfords discount is only supposed to be off cycling now and only items at full price.
    But the staff don' know this so shhhuuusssshhhhh

simon.r and Soltydog like this.
  14. Truth

Truth Boardman Hybrid Comp. Kona City Dew Hybrid

I can't believe they will implement this to be honest.......:okay:

15. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

I have had it turned down on some tools. Fair enough, they were already better than half price. When I have used them to price match bike parts they always allow an extra 10% though.