Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Discussion in 'Shopping, Services, Offers and Reviews' started by alecstilleyedye, 14 Sep 2008.

Tags:
  1. Truth

Truth Boardman Hybrid Comp. Kona City Dew Hybrid

I have only ever used the card for the bike to be honest . I didn't know you used to be able to use the BC card in other departments of Halfords until now !

2. 400bhp

400bhp Guru

Where have you read this?

3. bikingdad90

bikingdad90 Formerly chris harte

New policy that came in in Oct/Nov last year, the BC website states cycling products only now.

broady and 400bhp like this.
  4. pclay

pclay Über Member

BC website states:

• Discount is supplied to British Cycling members with a valid British Cycling Membership card.
    • 10% off is valid on any cycling-related purchase, excludes gift vouchers and Halfords Autocentres.
    • May not be used in conjunction with any other voucher.
    • Discount cannot be used in conjunction with other instore promotions.
    • Discount not applicable on sale items.
    • Discount can only be used once per transaction.
    • Discount is not redeemable for cash.
    • Exclusive to British Cycling Members.
    • Discount is not redeemable online.

how to you prove if something is cycling related? Car touch up paint and car polish could be for a bike. Question is, will the staff really enforce this?

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/membership/article/halfords-discounts

5. 400bhp

400bhp Guru

Reasonable enough policy.:smile:

Edit. Actually that becomes too much of a faff. Most, if not all Halfords cycling products are often discounted in some way.

6. Sixmile

Sixmile Über Member

My local store was on the ball pretty quickly. I used to be able to get 10% off everything, rarely with a quibble. A few months ago I just about got 10% off some bike gear but absolutely not off any non bike related items.

7. J1888

J1888 Über Member

Evans are doing 3 for 2 on some clothing...

...I found this out when going to collect 2 pairs of Kalf socks which were reduced to about £3.50 - the chap in store informed me that I could get a third pair for free, so three pairs of socks for just over £7...not bad...if they're half decent

Eddy likes this.
  8. Eddy

Eddy Guru

There is also £6 off voucher codes( £30 minimum spend) for Evans being sent out so I would register for an account first.

Just bought 3 jerseys, £32 for the 3. Two of them were already reduced from £65.

louis-garneau-equipe-short-sleeve-jersey-na-EV293024-9999-1.jpg

9. BalkanExpress

BalkanExpress Veteran

Santini and Prendas have a long relationship which includes making up “larger than Italian” sizes.

10. Slioch

Slioch Veteran

Just to close down part of the Halford's v British Cycling discount question upthread, I picked my new bike up this morning. It was reduced from £250 to £200 in the sale, and there were no quibbles at all about claiming a further 10% discount with my BC card.

I only bought bike related things, so cannot clarify the position re' getting the 10% discount on non-cycling stuff.

Just been out for a short pootle on it (Raleigh EVO 2 Folder), and it seems a great wee bike. I appreciate it's not a Bickerton, but for £180 I'm a happy bunny so far, and it's filled a gaping hole in my stable of bikes.

Truth, cosmicbike and NorthernDave like this.
  11. J1888

J1888 Über Member

Glad you got the discount, but having checked with British Cycling via email, the policy has definitely changed, to now NOT allow it to be used on sale items. So, you've profited from someone who either doesn't know that the rules have changed, or doesn't care. Either way, good work!

Slioch and NorthernDave like this.
  12. MDA 998

MDA 998 Regular

check out some prices at Decathlon ie.
    Ultegra calipers and cranksets shifters etc
    105 bits etc

13. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

14. MDA 998

MDA 998 Regular

click on decathlon/ cycling/ then choose
    I don't know how to put links on

15. MDA 998

MDA 998 Regular

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice