Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
I'm very tempted to buy another one (or maybe two) but Mrs W said 'Why do you need another helmet, you've only got one head' to which I replied 'Why do you need so many shoes, you've only got one pair of feet'. I really should learn to think before I speak :banghead:
Better answer, the situation I found a week or two back where the helmet was still damp from the heavy rain the previous day, a spare would be useful.

Tom B

Guru
Nothing worse than a soggy helmet. I can deal with damp bib shorts and jerseys.

One on, one in the wash. I take your wet helmet and raise you a dry helmet that has been used for numerous sweaty rides then a rainy day comes and the rain washes the salty sweaty mingyness out of the padding and into your eyes.

These look interesting.

No pad.

https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/madison_roadrace_apex_mens_bib_tights_no_pad-ID_77413

Anyone got any experience of them?

Or of madison gear.

Pre shaped they say for a racing position (though I use flat bars) - I trust that you won't look like a crippled hunchback as you stroll to the bar mid-ride.

They suggest that you/your fellow peloton riders, will put a pair of your favourite bib shorts under them.

I could maybe use one of my many many lycra waist shorts each time - so I can use quality summer stuff in winter.

My main concern is that I may fall somewhat between their waist sizes so am pondering.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Not sure if this has been posted before but Halfords ebay have 20% off a minimum £25, maximum £75 spend with the code PURE20. You can use click and collect so no need to pay postage. I have ordered some Shimano T400 pedals, and the price came down to £21.19 (from £26.59) - which made them a couple of quid cheaper than I could find them anywhere else. It says it is a limited offer, but doesn't say until when.

http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/halfordsshop

Edit: I've just discovered the Bargains sub-forum - could a moderator please move my thread (or delete if it's a duplicate)? Thanks.

Last edited:

Smudge

Veteran
If they dont have what you want on Ebay Halfords, you can get 15% off bikes & accessories on the main Halfords site by using the code CYCLING15.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
On another thread, a poster said the code works with other ebay retailers too, so I guess it is shared between ebay and Halfords. He also said that sellers put their prices up - the same pedals on Evans ebay were £32, yet only £26 in their normal online store. Always worth checking other retailers first as even 20% off doesn't mean it's the cheapest.

Top Bottom