Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Are these the ones that though with admirable puncture protection some folk consider a bit dead.

Anyone any info on sizing as I know some tyres are not as bang on the width specs they quote - and this can actually be handy.
Yes, they're the tough but dead ones. Mostly, the sizes are slightly over what's marked IIRC with the 700x35 being 622-37s

Smudge

Veteran

Yes, they're the tough but dead ones. Mostly, the sizes are slightly over what's marked IIRC with the 700x35 being 622-37s
After some fettling and reading some other stuff online are you sure this applies to all? - I had an old Marathon around. appeared to be 40, further examination of the tyre wall said it was 38C - and I managed this morning to get it on a bike with SKS mudguards that are supposed to be for a max tyre of 37.

It is of course normally vastly overpriced but am tempted.

I very often cruise the cycling section in wilcos if I pass one - some no nonsense stuff often crops up.

degreaser is best generally bought at toolstation or the other place I've forgotten the name of - 5 litres I think for not a lot.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
After some fettling and reading some other stuff online are you sure this applies to all? - I had an old Marathon around. appeared to be 40, further examination of the tyre wall said it was 38C - and I managed this morning to get it on a bike with SKS mudguards that are supposed to be for a max tyre of 37.
Did it say 700x38c but 40-622? That'd be usual for them. But no, not at all sure how general because I've mainly used the mid/wide 622 and 630 ones.

tom73

Guru
Also from Wilko got one of these £2.50. The mac-off one are about £6
Had a few cheep ones in the past that just bend as soon as you try to use them.
Just used it works a treat well handy for wheel cleaning and the like.

Attachments

• IMG_3209.JPG
    IMG_3209.JPG
    220.6 KB · Views: 14
Top Bottom