Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Just spotted these https://www.merlincycles.com/lake-cx175-road-cycling-shoes-102201.html
Tempted to buy a pair myself for 'spares' :blush:
Have actually been looking at the higher spec shoes https://www.merlincycles.com/lake-cx217-road-cycling-shoes-102210.html

But the returns is rubbish and really want to try them on first.

Tried on 3 pairs of shoes today specialized, giro and Louis garneau, all in EU48 specialized were lovely fit but too bright(blue and orange), giro wide but just too short and Louis garneau felt like two sizes too small.
I still have a pair of Louise garneau MTB shoes knocking about that fit lovely in a eu48 so not sure why the road shoes are so small.

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
Just a quick heads up Halfords are doing their "unmissable deals" throughout the day and releasing them at two hourly intervals from 8am.
May be worth keeping an eye on :smile:
Have a good day all even if the weather is crap ! :okay:

My local aldi has some of the softshell jackets, which I think some on here are keen on, reduced to £9.99.

Looked pretty damn fine to me and ideal particularly for commuting or touring where they might be subject to tough treatment and the washing regime might be a bit rough and ready.

Would have got one except that the one in my size had a pluck in it due to frequent customer rummaging. They aren't packed in a bag.

They come in red or black, male and female variants. Quality zips. Look well made.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I've got so much Endura stuff that I should be entitled to company shares.

Not sure what I would look like on an MTB wearing one of these either.

Still, it's a good price for their kit

You care what you look like when covered in mud and worse? They are great for a temporary extra layer to keep chill off. Don't mtbers ever get up high where the temp can fall? They can also keep off a fair amount of rain.

Of course you could always stuff a load of newspaper up your front, for in days of old racing cyclists were supposedly in the habit of taking the sunday supplements along in case they fancied catching up on current affairs and cookery tips mid sprint.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
To be honest, I wear a base layer and a loose jersey. If I get cold then I'm not working hard enough.

Might be handy though for commutes, or as an extra layer for the ice and snow

Lpoolck

Veteran
My local aldi has some of the softshell jackets, which I think some on here are keen on, reduced to £9.99.

Looked pretty damn fine to me and ideal particularly for commuting or touring where they might be subject to tough treatment and the washing regime might be a bit rough and ready.

Would have got one except that the one in my size had a pluck in it due to frequent customer rummaging. They aren't packed in a bag.

They come in red or black, male and female variants. Quality zips. Look well made.

Are they the black 2.5 layered waterproof jackets that have the red zip? I have been trying to find one in medium for a while now but everywhere around me is out of stock!

Not sure what 2.5 layer means. But they sound like the ones you mean. Yes, black, red zip.

There were lots of mediums you snake you. I was after large.

If you are in london pm me and i'll tell you where this treasure trove is.

Lpoolck

Veteran
ah

@Lpoolck
That's another one.

They had one of those I think as well.

Can't remember what size.

I think maybe that was discounted as well but maybe to £15.

Will look next time I'm there - maybe tomorrow even.

Out of interest, why are you so keen on it, why is it so good?

Lpoolck

Veteran
ah

@Lpoolck
That's another one.

They had one of those I think as well.

Can't remember what size.

I think maybe that was discounted as well but maybe to £15.

Will look next time I'm there - maybe tomorrow even.

Out of interest, why are you so keen on it, why is it so good?

I just haven't got a breathable waterproof, and I need one when I do LEJOG in August! As it's got 2.5 layers it's meant to be breathable, how breathable I am not sure!

Top Bottom