Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Reading further posts after the one I linked to, @Scottish Scrutineer (MTB version) and @Slick (road version) also took the plunge so may be able to provide updates as well. I'm also looking at pre-ordering a pair to go with the Northwaves I already have.
I cancelled my order because they were messing me around with delivery dates. Ended up with Northwave boots which have stood me in good stead.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/found-a-bargain-do-tell.16260/page-1032#post-5826260

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
Reading further posts after the one I linked to, @Scottish Scrutineer (MTB version) and @Slick (road version) also took the plunge so may be able to provide updates as well. I'm also looking at pre-ordering a pair to go with the Northwaves I already have.
I quite like mine. They are warm, especially as I've fitted merno SupaFeet insoles, keep my feet fairly dry even on a particularly wet 80km wet ride last week when on holiday near Aviemore. There was some water entry most likely running from my legs, but the boots were usable the next day after removing the insoles ad drying them overnight. Closure is a basic pull lace system, but I feel thsat they fit snuggly and with a flap secured by velcro, they are good. Friends have Shimano winter boots and these appear quite similar.

Not cycling, but a bargain!

vickster

Legendary Member
I could do with another knife like that. Shame I have to travel an hour to the nearest waitrose.
And no guarantee your branch would have one of course

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I had a quick look earlier. Bulk of it seemed to just be the stuff that wasn’t selling well and trying to clear it. No doubt it will fool some people who think they are getting a bargain.
Have you ever noticed that you can buy a jumbo 4Kg bargain pack of something for £5 but 1Kg packs are £1 each. I sold wholesale to retailers at one time and and had lots of interesting conversations regarding the psychology of selling retail. Lots of tales about the fiddles involved but this is not the place.

Slick

Guru
Have you ever noticed that you can buy a jumbo 4Kg bargain pack of something for £5 but 1Kg packs are £1 each. I sold wholesale to retailers at one time and and had lots of interesting conversations regarding the psychology of selling retail. Lots of tales about the fiddles involved but this is not the place.
I remember as a boy I worked in the local supermarket and the then under manager seemed to think I had potential as he was giving me a few tricks of the trade. I can't remember the exact price but the mulligatawny soup wasn't selling so he added 5p to the price and put a special buy ticket on it and it flew of the shelves. Only 1 old boy challenged him as he knew the price but he gave him some guff about the original price being a mistake.

bruce1530

Guru
I remember reading a story about a coffee shop that sold $3 coffees, and $5 coffees. Most people bought the $3 coffees.

Then they added a $8 coffee to the menu, and sales of the $5 coffee went up.

Top Bottom