Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tothehills

Just bought the wire cutters!!!

please report back - I thought Ribble had given up on "bits" a few years ago when it entered the world of "signature fragrances".
Not sure I like the look of the chain whip, despite the stars i can see on the reviews- puts me in mind of something cheap I bought once where the plastic handle just slid off the body.

Zigzak789

please report back - I thought Ribble had given up on "bits" a few years ago when it entered the world of "signature fragrances".
Not sure I like the look of the chain whip, despite the stars i can see on the reviews- puts me in mind of something cheap I bought once where the plastic handle just slid off the body.

I've picked up the Ribble Cable Cutters as well, should arrive today just in time to change all the cables on an old bike I recently acquired, once I've used them a bit I'll let you know if they're any good, they're the cheapest I found online.

Afternoon update: received my ribble cable cutters earlier and just used them to change both the brake and gear cables and housings on my bike, can confirm they cut both really well and don't crush the housing so well worth 6 quid

Last edited:

Milzy

Guru
I've picked up the Ribble Cable Cutters as well, should arrive today just in time to change all the cables on an old bike I recently acquired, once I've used them a bit I'll let you know if they're any good, they're the cheapest I found online.

Afternoon update: received my ribble cable cutters earlier and just used them to change both the brake and gear cables and housings on my bike, can confirm they cut both really well and don't crush the housing so well worth 6 quid

I love mine. They seem to be almost as good as park tool for a fraction of the cost.

I've just bought the chain whip and another chain breaker. I suspect Ribble are getting out of the tools business so I'd just order one now if you need them.

Adam4868

Guru
I know someone posted above but there's a few more discounts with Galibier....I wouldn't normally promote someone or something unless I thought they were good....they are 😁
https://www.galibier.cc/outlet-2/

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Typical Italian sizing. I’ve noticed it has started to creep into mens casual wear too. I can no longer be sure I’m a size small (38” chest) or a medium trouser (34” waist).

mate gave me some italian sized bits last week for fixing his bike, it was listed as L/XL and fitted me , now im a 30 " waist and a 38 " chest ..... he is a strapping 6 foot plus and 15 stone so no way would he get in them .

Sixmile

Veteran
though tend to think of myself as a "medium" person I take a Large in Altura tops/jackets.
Fair to assume that it would be the same for Galibier?
I know some folks rate the Mistral jacket.

I would say size up. I would consider myself medium in the likes of Endura gear, large in Altura, XL in Castelli. I bought the Galibier track jacket a few months back in a large and I couldn't have went smaller. Cracking jacket by the way.

bedoin-652x734.jpg

Top Bottom