Free bicycle accessories donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
F

Fuutarou

Regular
Are you a Uni student - many sell locks for £10. The other option, is sometimes local councils or the police do offers.road shows, but, unfortunately, we are in the middle of a pandemic and everyone is skint.

Check ebay for local sellers, and maybe collect as postage will be expensive.
No I am not but I am a person with tremendous financial difficulty. Vickster's suggestion is a good bicycle lock but the problem is I am going to spend money for my bicycle's general service and new brake pads(Fyi, I also need a bicycle front and back light, front reflector and horn) so I desire from my heart if a friend, someone or an organization can buy this bicycle lock or pay half for me. It would extremely lift burdens off me and I would be very thankful!

classic33

Leg End Member
How would they know where the lock was going to be used? My bikes aren't secured with a bike lock at home (they're in a secure bike store).

I'd rather buy new anyhow as you know the lock functions ok, and if it doesn't it can be returned. Locks get sticky with age and can fail, inconvenient if you can't unlock.
£24 for a Gold lock with cable is a bargain
It was done when they started placing the covered cycle parking racks in the town centre. I'm assuming it was a case of watch for the bike.

vickster

Legendary Member
It was done when they started placing the covered cycle parking racks in the town centre. I'm assuming it was a case of watch for the bike.
OP is in London, there are thousands of bike stands...and I expect many swisher bikes than the OPs

classic33

Leg End Member
No I am not but I am a person with tremendous financial difficulty. Vickster's suggestion is a good bicycle lock but the problem is I am going to spend money for my bicycle's general service and new brake pads(Fyi, I also need a bicycle front and back light, front reflector and horn) so I desire from my heart if a friend, someone or an organization can buy this bicycle lock or pay half for me. It would extremely lift burdens off me and I would be very thankful!
Working brakes are must have, if only from a safety point of view. Working brakes and lights are also legally required on a bike, a horn isn't. The lights at poundland for £2 will be the cheapest. Not the best, but they do at least work.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A quick google throws up a number of potential options. The Bike Project being one as they donate bikes - they may be able to help you out with a lock and some bits. Time to google and phone up and explain your situation.

classic33

Leg End Member
I don't? I heard that a reflector and light are requirements but if you have a relfector it is ok if you don't have a light.
Working lights on a bike, being ridden on the road are a legal requirement.

They also need to be on at the required times.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have lights not reflectors. Reflectors only work if there is light to reflect. Lights work in the dark and are legally required

OP
OP
F

Fuutarou

Regular
A few people told me it is ample if you have a reflector but don't have a light because at night when cars shine at you, they will shine at your reflector and see you.

classic33

Leg End Member
A few people told me it is ample if you have a reflector but don't have a light because at night when cars shine at you, they will shine at your reflector and see you.
Personal opinion on this.
Leave the bike where it is*, until it meets minimum legal standards for riding on the road, at night.

*If they agree to keeping it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom