Free bicycle accessories donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Can't do. I need to use my bicycle every week.
Then you need to get lights asap...more urgently than a lock, you can always keep the bike with you. Or only go out from 7am to 5pm

iluvmybike

Über Member
OP - if you are genuinely struggling to get your bike repaired or want to get 'cheap' parts then seek out a local bicycle charity workshop who may be able to help - but be prepared to give something back in return. Don't expect bike shops to give you stuff or knock down the price - they have a living to make. I noticed that you have another post when you are suggesting that £30 for repairs is possible a 'rip-off' which is not helpful. Not wishing to sound cynical or unpleasant , but we could all come on here, plead financial hardship and ask for free stuff. Those posting here are genuinely trying to help you with advice (which comes free) but don't know you from Adam so it is not surprising that free stuff is not winging it's way to your door

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
A few people told me it is ample if you have a reflector but don't have a light because at night when cars shine at you, they will shine at your reflector and see you.

Nope it’s not. If riding a bike between sunset and sunrise you need to have lights of the correct colour correctly fitted front and rear and on. Please don’t going around ignoring laws designed to protect you and others.

OP
OP
F

Fuutarou

Regular
OP - if you are genuinely struggling to get your bike repaired or want to get 'cheap' parts then seek out a local bicycle charity workshop who may be able to help - but be prepared to give something back in return. Don't expect bike shops to give you stuff or knock down the price - they have a living to make. I noticed that you have another post when you are suggesting that £30 for repairs is possible a 'rip-off' which is not helpful. Not wishing to sound cynical or unpleasant , but we could all come on here, plead financial hardship and ask for free stuff. Those posting here are genuinely trying to help you with advice (which comes free) but don't know you from Adam so it is not surprising that free stuff is not winging it's way to your door
I appreciate the suggestion. I will try to find a local bicycle charity. Don't criticize me. I say many times I am a beginner to bicycle knowledge and stuff and I am just "asking" is £30 for brake repair a rip off. It is ok to ask. As you say, you don't know me from Adam.

OP
OP
F

Fuutarou

Regular
Nope it’s not. If riding a bike between sunset and sunrise you need to have lights of the correct colour correctly fitted front and rear and on. Please don’t going around ignoring laws designed to protect you and others.
I am not going around ignoring(If you think I intentionally am) laws designed to protect myself and others. I am just saying what a few people TOLD me. This is a saying from them not from me. Don't misunderstand.

Try Freecycle or Freegle or TrashNothing - you might get lucky

I would just like to say that the OP is at least thinking about lights and being seen - which is a damn sight better than some people I see on bikes after dark - you know the ones
and not all of them are teenagers!!!

so personally I would like to thank him (?) for thinking the right way

Oh - and PlanetX have a sale on at the moment - £2.49 for LED rechargeable light -- mine have just arrive - pretty good - certainly bright enough to be spotted easily and not having to buy batteries will save you the cost in a few weeks if you use them twice a day at this time of year

Hope this helps

vickster

Legendary Member
I would just like to say that the OP is at least thinking about lights and being seen - which is a damn sight better than some people I see on bikes after dark - you know the ones
and not all of them are teenagers!!!

so personally I would like to thank him (?) for thinking the right way

Oh - and PlanetX have a sale on at the moment - £2.49 for LED rechargeable light -- mine have just arrive - pretty good - certainly bright enough to be spotted easily and not having to buy batteries will save you the cost in a few weeks if you use them twice a day at this time of year

Hope this helps
Maybe link the lights you have and the postage fees

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Good point
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/LIJOFLASH/jobsworth-3w-flasher

they seem to have gone up - £299 now - just checked my invoice - there were £2.49 - came to £3.32 for delivery but I had another light and a bell as well

Those are good lights - I have the rears, not PX branded but they are more than bright enough. Will cost the OP about £10 with post, but they are better than most lights on folks bikes. These are also waterproof - I use one on my MTB that get's mud chucked at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom