Going up 1p at a time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
There’s a fuel doctor near you.
My wife is happy because she eats Lard.

mandl_gala.jpg

Well he does scrub up well so ....

gavgav

Guru
Has anyone noticed that the cost of petrol/diesel has going up and up weekly, 1p or 2 at a time. Last time it happened, there was a public outcry and very much in the news. This time? Nothing is being said in the media as if it was normal and accepted. Diesel in my area is now £1.319 a litre and still going up . When will it end?

Totally agree. Paid £1.28 per litre for unleaded yesterday. Getting out of hand again.

Brains

Legendary Member
Blame Uber

Interesting article in the maritime press today
In summary, Singapore, which for many years has had a fixed number of cars, the govenment only issues the same number of licences each year, and you bid for them e-bay style, if you dont offer enough you are outbid and your car stays locked in the garage month afyer month until you bid enough for a licence.

InSingapore
Population has not noticbly increased
Cars have become more fuel efficient
Number of vehicles on the island remains the same
Therefore quantity of fuel used per annum on the island should be falling year on year

It was, until 2013, then Uber turned up0
Quantity of fuel used has increased by 6% PA each year since
As Uber offers easier transport options people are taking a lot more taxis, and the taxis are doing a lot more miles per year.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Getting out of hand? The cost of fuel is a fraction of its real cost to society in terms of death, degraded health, and pollution. It's not nearly expensive enough.
I don't know what's causes the latest rise, but the expense needs to be in the form of tax, and invested in renewable energy.

D

Deleted member 26715

I remember when you could have a good night out for 6d and still have change.
My Grandfather always used to quote that when he was courting my Grandmother, they could catch the bus to Halifax, go to the cinema, my grandmother could have some sweets & he could have some tobacco, when they came out of the cinema they would have some chips, then catch the bus home & still have change from -/6. He would now be 121 years old, how old are you?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
My Grandfather always used to quote that when he was courting my Grandmother, they could catch the bus to Halifax, go to the cinema, my grandmother could have some sweets & he could have some tobacco, when they came out of the cinema they would have some chips, then catch the bus home & still have change from -/6. He would now be 121 years old, how old are you?
I feel about the same.

gavgav

Guru
Getting out of hand? The cost of fuel is a fraction of its real cost to society in terms of death, degraded health, and pollution. It's not nearly expensive enough.

If you say so....

Some of us have to rely on it. Really can’t see my boss being happy with me taking 3 extra hours out of my day to do a 40 mile round trip to meetings on a regular basis by using my bike.

Drago

Legendary Member
If you say so....

Some of us have to rely on it. Really can’t see my boss being happy with me taking 3 extra hours out of my day to do a 40 mile round trip to meetings on a regular basis by using my bike.

That's a problem of the cars making. Would your boss be happy if one of his children fell ill due to air pollution? I'm afraid your convenience rates pretty low down the scale of harm compared to death, illness and environmental disaster.

Top Bottom