Hard for non-cyclists to comprehend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
That's the beauty of it though. They did have more money than sense, until they bought that "expensive" bike. Now they don't again, and so it brings the world back into equilibrium. :smile:
Give it a rest , we haven't even upgraded the wheels yet :laugh:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Errrrr , buying a bike for your own enjoyment is what we all do . You just seem to have a price limit on what a bike should cost .:wacko:
My price limit was set by the boss aka the wife......................... well C2W limit and she doesnt know what the limit was and as my payslip is online she cant see deductions and the pay rise /overtime covers the cost .
Wifes car which i only drive maybe once a week and for long trips cost 6 times my best bikes price but as the old car was going to cost more than it was worth to repair we had to get rid of it before it broke , again .Although not being a petrol head i have joined the dacia club :smile:

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Loving this thread.
People get the green eyed monster over other peoples spending. You can't afford to drop 7-10 grand on a bike? Tough, others can but they have ''More money than sense" Bollox. How do you know a 7 grand bike isn't worth it if you don't own one? Get over it and ride what ever it is you can afford.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
And that's going to make a huge difference to your life? Like I said, more money than sense, but, like I also said, you are free to spend your money as you as you wish. :okay:
Personally , I don't ride for strava but for my own enjoyment so a very expensive bike would be wasted on me. I am happy to let faster riders pass me .
I don't ride for Strava and have a fairly expensive bike. Its certainly not wasted on me. I am also happy to let faster riders pass me by. Each to their own right.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Do any of us really know how much we would spend if money was not a problem, I doubt it.
No.
Not a clue, but I can wager it would be considerable, and then money would be a problem. As it stands, I ride a couple of 30+ year old bicycles that each cost me less than $100.00 and were very expensive in their day. I also have an old Cannondale V1000 that is quite old. Cost me $40.00, and cost $1700.00 new. One of the first dual suspension MTBs.

Top Bottom