House Rabbit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I'm confused - watching dogs slide around on smooth floors is one of life's great pleasures.

Why is the bunny version not so fun? Does it distress them?
Rabbits have furry feet, not pads, so they slip more than dogs, and as said above, they need to know they can hide at a moments notice.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Hi there Ollie, good to meet you.

Sometimes we think it would be nice to have easy clean laminate – picking hay out of carpeting is a chore – but yes, there’s that not-so-comic-bunny effect to consider.

We tried loads of trays; he tended to nibble the plastic ones. Finally settled on this. Steel is real.

How does your bunny get in & out of a deep tray like that, though ?

OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
932U6Hk.jpg

What sorcery is this? A spoon with my likeness upon the handle? Cheers @Randomnerd! (He does have form.) There was foreshadowing.

nOpzVkQ.jpg

Don't worry, Chompsky won't get a chance to chomp on it, fond as he is of making things disappear.

rXo7Xw0.jpg

Never mind where's the spoon, where's the paw?

OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Good news for rabbits!
MSD Animal Health has launched Nobivac(r) Myxo-RHD Plus, the first single shot vaccine against the three main infectious diseases in rabbits - Myxomatosis, Rabbit Haemorrhagic Disease (RHD) classic and variant strains (RHDV-1 and 2).

Previously this has required two shots, at least two weeks apart. Vet visits are very stressful for rabbits, and in these times fewer trips are welcome for the humans involved.

The following video is completely unrelated to the foregoing.

View: https://youtu.be/NWd5s7kllH0

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I was given a rabbit for my 6th birthday.

I buried him when I was 18. He was allowed out for about an hour a day if the weather was dry, and delighted for many years in being chased by the dog, whom he could easily outwit and outrun (he would butt or jump over the dog to provoke him first). After one such mad session, at four times the usual lifespan of a domestic rabbit, he hopped back into his hutch as normal, panted a bit and keeled over stone dead.

vickster

Legendary Member
@anothersam
Any updates on Chompsky - a rabbit mad friend is desperate for more instalments!!

Chompsky

Any updates on Chompsky - a rabbit mad friend is desperate for more instalments!!

dp92l7E.gif

Thanks to Uncle Sam, I've been on a spending spree. (I’m a dual citizen. Triple if you count Dutch.)

WCGBkHX.jpg

First I bought a fresh supply of my favourite litter, which is made from recycled material. There have been suggestions that it would be easier to cut out the middleman and make it at home.

cR0NiYW.jpg

The bag also makes a good hideout.

Utc2Fk6.jpg

It seems only fair to chip in for my board.

View: https://youtu.be/SGq2M5QbDOw

Got myself another of these. They always come in handy.

6Xju8GD.jpg

Then there’s “wear and tear”. This charger, for example, was getting old, as I discovered on a recent inspection. £30 for a replacement seems a bit steep, but surely James didn’t profiteer his way to being a billionaire.

2ME9ojl.jpg

Happy to share the wealth.

OOEDWDR.gif

The rest of the money might go on a new and improved bunny-signal.

xzenonuk

Veteran
aww so much cuteness, awesome thread :biggrin:

my sister and i used to have tons of rabbits and guinea pigs growing up, i miss them but i don't miss the random warm wet feeling when one is sitting on my lap and decides to go peepee lol

OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
ZViROxs.jpg

What, no cake?

Chompsky turned 5 earlier this month. For a birthday treat we gave him an extra serving of the minty nuggets he loves, hidden in the puzzle box he may or may not be so crazy about.

View: https://youtu.be/1-dFJK8Vqkw

I sometimes think of this little creature as my dæmon, though no, I haven’t read the books

Oq0A4KS.jpg

or watched the series, so I don’t know how apt the reference is. It’s just that I see similarities between the two of us. We’re both quiet loners, even as we both still need some company. We both shed a fair amount (my last haircut was December 2019). We both lick plates.

We both enjoy a project we can sink our teeth into.

View: https://youtu.be/5Bg_o5EjGZE

Oh, and we both like a good nap afterwards.

t1TrRrx.jpg

Ours are litterbox trained the older one is pretty good the younger also uses a corner in his hutch, poor little devil used to be outside 24x7 with no food or water most of the time and no freedom to roam so it's understandable.

we learned the hard way about cables when a few years on my birthday of all days i came downstairs to find he'd been behind the TV and home entertainment systems and ruined several hundred pounds of high quality cabling and somehow managed to nibble all of the live power leads without injury to himself.
My rabbit managed to eat the cable for the washing machine twice and had ate many chargers. But it still lived miraculously. But you can't be angry at them when they're so cute.

My pride and joy:wub::wub::wub: My moody precious princess toddler.

Attachments

• IMG-20201013-WA0005.jpeg
    IMG-20201013-WA0005.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20200914_012112.jpg
    IMG_20200914_012112.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20200829_110540.jpg
    IMG_20200829_110540.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20200812_133142.jpg
    IMG_20200812_133142.jpg