How to deal with dogs? Or has this guy got issues?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
A few have made that mistake.
Your not ma, er I mean someone else are you?:laugh:

OP
OP
Cyclopathic

Cyclopathic

Veteran
[QUOTE 1723186, member: 9609"]Well one things for certain by and large cyclist do seem to hate the dog owning part of society. Come to think of it forum cyclists seem to be an incredibly negative bunch, I can't think of a subject forum cyclist would become all gushy over. I need to get back to the positive world of hillwalking or I may turn into a proper cyclist[/quote]
No, don't go. Voices of reason are needed. I almost wish I hadn't started the thread. The last thing I expected was for anybody to say Oh yes he's so right or that it could be useful to know how to kick a dogs balss out through it's head. I didn't expect people to get all daily mail or start citing extreme examples of dog attacks when I thought people here at least would know enough to know that one can find extreme examples to support just about anything>
I really just thought that people would read the passage and say things like "Phew what a loony" or at the very worst "Hmmm, yes some dogs can be rather dangerous but this chap goes a bit far" I really did not expect to awaken peoples latent Charles Bronson.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I can't help but think if the dog had eaten Kevin Costner we might all have been saved the many awful films he went on to "star" in.
I've never seen American Flyers but after watching two clips am sure that if I do watch it then nothing in it will coma as any surprise at all. It's probably good that I didn't see it because it might have put me off ever getting on a bike.
I actually enjoy it in a "so bad that it's good" kind of way! ^_^

I watch it every 3 or 4 years when I feel like relaxing with a few beers and watching something unchallenging that I can laugh at.

I always feel like going for a ride in the sunshine after watching it!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Whilst doing a spot of research into cycle trailers I came across the carry freedom general FAQ which contains this corker, which in the context of this thread, made me chortle....

What problems are there with trailers?
Dog shoot, and bad design. When cycling it is easy not to cycle through dog shoot, with a trailer you have another two wheels to remember. Practice by dodging stones, its worth it. Bad designs have given people a wrong impression about trailers. A good trailer is a joy to own, a bad trailer rusts
quietly in your garage.

OP
OP
Cyclopathic

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I actually enjoy it in a "so bad that it's good" kind of way! ^_^

I watch it every 3 or 4 years when I feel like relaxing with a few beers and watching something unchallenging that I can laugh at.

I always feel like going for a ride in the sunshine after watching it!
It is nice to see those 80s steel bikes when they were state of the art and all and it is nice to see someone pop a wheelie on a racer (sorry I mean road bike of course)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was attacked by a donkey once.... just saying.
I got attacked by a goat once! :whistle:

I was walking across some local allotments with my then young stepdaughter, when the unchained Billy spotted us, put his head down and charged. Stepsprogette was scared and started crying so I picked her up and ran with her in my arms, and the angry goat butting my, er, butt!

One of my trainers came off so I deposited stepsprogette in a safe place and had to go back into the allotments for it. I picked up the trainer and then the goat came back for another go at me. It chased me all round the allotments and I was laughing so hard, I could hardly breathe! :laugh:

Nantmor

[QUOTE 1723445, member: 9609"]

Is he ever going to grow up and stop going on about turd dispensers ? ^_^[/quote]

Has anyone reading this never stepped in a dog turd?

Nantmor

Dog turds can appear anywhere, unlike mine shafts. I've had them on my door step. To draw attention to this loathsome habit is not childish. Why is it that dogs can get away with behaviour that would attract police interest in a human?
Dog waste is rather unpleasant for cyclists too, since a wheel can throw it around, and since some dog owners take their dogs on shared paths in order to dispense the aforementioned.

Bicycle

I was chased by an Alsation for a second time when I passed a farm entrance. I wasnt going to visit A and E for a tetanus so decided to jump off and kill retrain the dog if it carried on with its attack. Funny thing is it turned and scarpered when I showed I wasnt scared, or maybe it had an idea what was on my mind?^_^

That's nothing!

I support a football team managed by an Alsatian. They've been dogged by poor luck for a few seasons now.

Reactions: col

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Why is it that dogs can get away with behaviour that would attract police interest in a human?
Do you mean why are dog owners that allow their dogs to behave in a manner which would be unacceptable if it were a human doing it not targeted by the police, or are you suggesting that dogs should be arrested for having a poo?

Bicycle

[QUOTE 1723458, member: 9609"]I got attacked by an Arctic Turn and it made a fair gash in the top of my head, must have bled for an hour or more.[/quote]

An Arctic Turn is how Finnish rally drivers get round hairpins.

I think you were attacked by an Arctic Tern.

If, on the other hand, you suffered at the hands of an Artic Turn, it may be because you were in the driver's blindspot.

I'll get my coat... :sad:

Nantmor

Do you mean why are dog owners that allow their dogs to behave in a manner which would be unacceptable if it were a human doing it not targeted by the police, or are you suggesting that dogs should be arrested for having a poo?
Waddya think?

Top Bottom