Just back from A&E

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just as an amusing aside to the OP's predicament, I broke my left collarbone 20+ years ago in a motorcycle accident. It healed fine but with a slight overlap in the bones, so I looked a bit lopsided.
Then 6 years ago I broke my other collarbone when I slid off my bicycle on a greasy corner, which also healed fine with a slight overlap.
All rather painful at the time, but the upside is that I no longer look lopsided anymore ^_^.

I hope the painkillers are working ok for you @glasgowcyclist .:hugs:

Not to be recommended though ! :laugh:

you back from you're morning ride yet GC ?

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
you back from you're morning ride yet GC ?

To be honest, right now I am not convinced about getting back on the saddle. Hopefully that's just the fear of doing the same thing again and that nervousness will pass. In the meantime I'll need to figure out a bus and walking route as I won't be driving or cycling for a couple of months.

To be honest, right now I am not convinced about getting back on the saddle. Hopefully that's just the fear of doing the same thing again and that nervousness will pass. In the meantime I'll need to figure out a bus and walking route as I won't be driving or cycling for a couple of months.
Too soon to think about it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Too soon to think about it.
I agree. ILS may have been gagging to get back on a bike, but it was about 5 months after leaving hospital before I seriously started thinking about cycling again and another 3 months before I actually did. (Hospitalisation was due to illness rather than injury, but I felt the same way as GC - worried about what might happen etc.)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I was back on the bike after 4 months of breaking my back (car driver). Bear in mind I was in hospital and still officially in a body brace. I did go and buy a new full suspension MTB. That said, I haven't ridden the road bikes since (one is on the turbo)- not confident of 'drivers' now, and being so close to dying/being paralysed, I decided to take my chances with rocks and trees (so far so good).

My break was very bad, and wasn't my fault. I ride an MTB now, you are more or less guaranteed a fall or three.

classic33

Leg End Member
Try not to think about what might happen, what ever you decide. There's too much outside of our control. There could be a power outage whilst your bread is in the oven.

We "control" as best we can what we can. Take your time, you might even start just baking cakes instead of eating them. Who knows, at this moment.

You'll pick up as and when you want, not when others decide.

tom73

Guru
You will know when it's right to get back in the saddle. Only you can call it and you will in the mean time carry on baking it's a great way to put the world to rights. it was my escape before I got a bike don't get chance much to bake now but still love it when I do.

Perfectly understandable mate. Only you know how you feel and what youre values in life are.

Hows the collarbone loaf coming along ?

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Hows the collarbone loaf coming along ?

Ha! That made me laugh out loud :-)

I didn't put it together last night but did it this morning instead. I have it right in front of me so I can watch its progress through the day. I accidentally tipped in pile of rye flour by mistake (it's meant to be all white) so I topped it up to the required amount with white and we'll see what happens. Many of my best have been accidental loafs, cross your fingers for this one.

Top Bottom