Just back from A&E

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Maybe you should buy a chicken, eat it then make broth from the carcass; there's a thread going on UKClimbing at the moment about the folkloric benefits of animal bone broth in helping bones and connective tissue to heal. Foklore is often based on centuries of accumulated wisdom.

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Maybe you should buy a chicken, eat it then make broth from the carcass; there's a thread going on UKClimbing at the moment about the folkloric benefits of animal bone broth in helping bones and connective tissue to heal. Foklore is often based on centuries of accumulated wisdom.

That's an old favourite in this house. Will definitely be doing that!

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Seriously GC - How you feeling today ?

Better each day, thanks. It's frustrating not to be able to get rid of the pain though. I can constantly feel every centimetre of my collar bone, the plate and its hook that slips under my shoulder, and all of it feels like it is about to burst out of my skin. I'm pretty sure it would have been a lot worse doing nothing and hoping it would knit back itself.

But you and the other nobbers are making me laugh so that always helps. :-)

Globalti

Legendary Member
Better each day, thanks. It's frustrating not to be able to get rid of the pain though. I can constantly feel every centimetre of my collar bone, the plate and its hook that slips under my shoulder, and all of it feels like it is about to burst out of my skin. I'm pretty sure it would have been a lot worse doing nothing and hoping it would knit back itself.

But you and the other nobbers are making me laugh so that always helps. :-)

I can't feel my plate, it's even hard to make out by touch as there's still inflammation. Can we see your x-ray?

Top Bottom