Just back from A&E

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by glasgowcyclist, 27 Feb 2019.

1. Hugh Manatee

Hugh Manatee Veteran

I am having to try and do stuff on one leg. I am not that surprised how short a time it takes for the other leg to start hurting as well.
    I managed to go over on my ankle hard enough to to mean it is now twice the size of the other one.

Yours sounds much, much worse. Hope you heal well.

glasgowcyclist likes this.
  2. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Sometimes they say you're better off breaking an ankle than spraining it. I dislocated mine 40 years ago and it's very weak and prone to going over.

3. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

My surgeon said that when I mashed up my shoulder (well a car caused it) needed an AC decompression, but he said it you'd broke your collar bone, you would have been healed much quicker. Took two years to get surgery after accident, then another 18 months before it was perfect.

4. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

What is an AC decompression? Something to do with the AC joint, not air conditioning gas?

DCBassman likes this.
  5. DCBassman

DCBassman Basses or Bikes? Hmmm...

Yup, both mine done now, as well as AC joint excisions to remove arthriticky bits.

6. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Yep, they go in with a camera, and a drill, and stuff, and smooth the joint out - 3 holes in your shoulder, but it stops it clicking and crunching - let's the soft tissue run over the bones a bit better ( suppose bone grinding).

raleighnut and DCBassman like this.
  7. Sharky

Sharky Veteran

Broke my ankle (doing keep-fit classes!) over 20 years ago and still get twinges, so I would say it's better not to do either.

8. DCBassman

DCBassman Basses or Bikes? Hmmm...

Injuries are rarely 100% recovered from.

raleighnut and Sharky like this.
  9. briantrumpet

briantrumpet Guru

The RD&E in Exeter have a system where you send them a completed form for releasing your data, and they send scans and reports back on an encrypted CD-ROM, which is how I got my brain scans. It was a free service - there was no 'informal service' where you could just ask.

3d_mpr_-_moore_briane2808e_54y_-_06_11_2018_17_46_27_-_1.25mm_0002.jpg

Edwardoka and glasgowcyclist like this.
  10. briantrumpet

briantrumpet Guru

Incidentally, I just searched for the radiology dept., and the data release link was there.

11. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Why's the top of your head flat though?

12. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

I half feel like trying to get hold of a copy of my CT scan from 2012, but it would probably only scare me again!

Edwardoka and raleighnut like this.
  13. briantrumpet

briantrumpet Guru

Because that's when they stopped scanning - no point in having slices of the very top of my skull - they'd managed to find my brain in roughly the right place. Incidentally, still suffering from PCS, five months in. :sad:

14. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Hope it improve, sooner rather than later for you.

Got the top in on mine.
    Skull Side.jpg

briantrumpet likes this.
  15. briantrumpet

briantrumpet Guru

Thanks - I'll save my misery for another thread ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice