Legalised Parking on the pavement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Linford

Linford

[QUOTE 1915045, member: 45"]Are wheelchair users only allowed to roll between their own car and their own front door then?[/quote]

They can go wherever they like - on the pavement on the other side or the road - most seem to prefer the roads though as already discussed ^

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

[QUOTE 1915051, member: 45"]or she might just be right.:/[/quote]

You know what they say about opinions ;)

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

[QUOTE 1915056, member: 45"]So you haven't really had much experience of the problem then. Come back when you have and then you might have something of value to say.[/quote]

You have had no real experience of motorcycing, or 4x4 ownership, but that never stops you from trying to dictate to those who do :rofl:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
You have had no real experience of motorcycing, or 4x4 ownership, but that never stops you from trying to dictate to those who do :rofl:
Ahem.

4x4 or motorbike use is a choice.
Wheelchair use is rarely a choice.

I've got a spare shovel if you want to keep digging your own grave.

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

[QUOTE 1915071, member: 45"]I tell it like it is. It's only the terribly insecure who interpret this as control.[/quote]

Being a control freak is entirely different to actually controlling the actions of others. One is a psychological problem, the other functioning with a bit of authority.
I can differentiate between the two, and happily the former doesn't float my boat - I say live and let live, what say you ? - You have the right to remain silent ;)

subaqua

What’s the point
What dreadful control you must have of your 4x4. I need about 18 inches each end - only just enough room for a pedestrian, unecumbered by such a frippery as a pushchair or a wheelchair.

I too only needed about 18 inches room , and have done it with a lot less on several occasions , to get my 4x4 out of a end to end space

subaqua

What’s the point
I on the hand, am fricking useless at parking, yet i have an extraordinarily large penis.

Go figure?
on your head or in a display cabinet like a trophy:laugh:

some of us have both attributes great at parking etc

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

I too only needed about 18 inches room , and have done it with a lot less on several occasions , to get my 4x4 out of a end to end space

Well, yes, I know how to parallel park also, but when the lock is not brilliant (due to the 31" dia tyres), you can end up totally mashing your tyres and steering box working into place so I find it better to avoid the tight spaces where possible

mangaman

WTF is he on about? Is he ever going to write anything that makes any sense?

Well you know what they say about monkeys and typewriters.

I suppose in about 2219 he might write a sensible sentence by pressing the wrong keys or something.

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

[QUOTE 1915406, member: 45"]I do believe that I had to educate you on the physics of counter-steering on a motorcycle, and explain how the emissions on your old exhaust were measured.

But hey, that has nothing to do with our current culture of 2 legs bad, 4 wheels essential...[/quote]

Who says 2 legs are bad ? I walk miles at the weekends around my town. In any case, if you felt they weren't essential, you'd not be running 2 cars yourself would you.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Back to the point in question, pavement parking. Does the roadbed extend under the footpath? If not, who's going to pay for the repairs to the footpath when it fails due to excessive pressure from vehicles?

Top Bottom