Let's discuss Blair's hair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Oh, and something else.

Ties with short sleeved shirts is a massive no no! Short sleeved shirts are casual wear, not business attire. Its a tacky American practice, and we do not take style tips from the Americans. Someone really nerdy like a software engineer might just get awsy with it, but for normal people its a major style faux pas.
See, I'm a nerdy laboratory scientist so I get away with wearing a tie with chinos, trainers and a cardigan, but short sleeved shirts are for holidays and only holidays.

stephec

Legendary Member
He should have a top knot or man bun, when my hair was a bit shorter than that a month ago I threatened to do a similar thing. 😄

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I work for a tech company, if you showed up wearing a tie nobody in the company would trust you. The sales guys might talk to you, but only if they thought they could get some commission out of your business. The world has moved on, very few companies still expect a tie, which in my eyes is great, they are hateful things.
Yes, and it depends on your line of work (I worked in holiday tourism for 4 years and that was the same there, ties were really frowned on). I agree that ties aren't as popular as they once were, but the polite thing to do (always) is tailor your dress to the type of meeting, and perhaps who you're meeting... if it's your industry regulator and a formal meet, put a suit and tie on. If it's people from a tech, tourism, entertainment company and it's less formal, then yes something between smart and casual is best.
My point wasn't that this lady wasn't wearing a tie or equivalent, it was that gym pants and trainers are not remotely appropriate for that setting or audience.

Drago

Legendary Member
See, I'm a nerdy laboratory scientist so I get away with wearing a tie with chinos, trainers and a cardigan, but short sleeved shirts are for holidays and only holidays.
Ah, now thats the uniform of your profession, perfectly acceptable. Your ill fitting and shabby tweet jacket and meerschaum pipe are equally part of the accepted attire.

He should have a top knot or man bun, when my hair was a bit shorter than that a month ago I threatened to do a similar thing. 😄

Top knots? Man buns? :ohmy:

I think you lot are deliberately trying to get me angry!

winjim

Smash the cistern
Ah, now thats the uniform of your profession, perfectly acceptable. Your ill fitting and shabby tweet jacket and meerschaum pipe are equally part of the accepted attire.
I do have such a jacket, and to complete the look the jumper I'm wearing right now is covered in dried snot because my 2yo has a cold.

Would you bank with these gentlemen?
1619694731501.png

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Would you bank with these gentlemen?
View attachment 586337
A jacket and smart shorts are ok,but maybe not a suite type jacket like they're wearing. I'd go for a stripey blazer!🧐

Venod

Eh up
Tie's are the most pointless bit of clothing invented, I got a lot of hassle from my boss for not wearing one, in an engineering office, I never took up his suggestions to wear one, which drove him mad, he was a control freak.

Top Bottom