Let's discuss Blair's hair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"No tie", I can live with, but I don't wholly disagree with your fine rant.... get this: I went to a meeting at a large airport yesterday where a dormant terminal is being brought back to life, my colleagues (we're clients of the terminal) and I were in usual business dress (shirts, ties, dresses / jackets)... the Airport Terminal Manager greeted us in sweat pants and trainers! Because "she works from home mostly these days" apparently! It's probably time she got out of that habit, we've all worked from home in the last year, but if you're not at home then ditch the sweat pants please.
If you got bigger in 2020 that's understandable, but please buy some bigger trousers rather than meeting your business clients in your couch slouch wear.
Thats so disrespectful. Even during a Zoom session and if non-colleague or visitor is on the call, even without saying everyone of us is on smart casuals. I am actually surprised that she is in a service related industry and she is the Terminal Manager.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
That wouldn't be an inappropriate haircut in any school I have taught in. Unless there's something going on round the other side of his head, like a shaved pattern, that looks quite smart to me.

I can highly recommend Wahl clippers if you keep your hair short. OH reckons he has saved a fortune and it's easy once you get the hang of it.
I bought some Wahls a year ago. Great fun to use if you don't really care too much. BTW, I don't so they suit me just fine.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I can highly recommend Wahl clippers if you keep your hair short. OH reckons he has saved a fortune and it's easy once you get the hang of it.

Treat yerself - get the rechargeable one. It's made in Germany. :okay: And for DIY it really makes a difference not having to wrestle with a cord.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
"No tie", I can live with, but I don't wholly disagree with your fine rant.... get this: I went to a meeting at a large airport yesterday where a dormant terminal is being brought back to life, my colleagues (we're clients of the terminal) and I were in usual business dress (shirts, ties, dresses / jackets)... the Airport Terminal Manager greeted us in sweat pants and trainers! Because "she works from home mostly these days" apparently! It's probably time she got out of that habit, we've all worked from home in the last year, but if you're not at home then ditch the sweat pants please.
If you got bigger in 2020 that's understandable, but please buy some bigger trousers rather than meeting your business clients in your couch slouch wear.
Totally agree. If my boss knew I had turned up to a work meeting even wearing trainers without a seriously good reason for doing so, he wouldn't be pleased.
When in work I don't normally wear a tie, but I do recall having to buy one at lunchtime for an unexpected afternoon meeting with an external accountant.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I don't think any male members of parliament,either houses of commons or lords skip wearing a tie while sitting on the benches.🤔 Most make an effort and look,or try to look smart(apart from Corbyn and Skinner...before he retired).
Any of you remember this MP who was a wearer of non conventional or formal clothing and preferred to wear Tartan and tweed suits?

1619736952015.png

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
I don't think any male members of parliament,either houses of commons or lords skip wearing a tie while sitting on the benches.🤔 Most make an effort and look,or try to look smart(apart from Corbyn and Skinner...before he retired).
Any of you remember this MP who was a wearer of non conventional or formal clothing and preferred to wear Tartan and tweed suits?

View attachment 586439
I think they have to be dressed in appropriate 'businesslike attire' or the speaker phones their mum to come and pick them up. Didn't someone recently get a telling off for not wearing a jacket?

winjim

Smash the cistern
OK, stupid and probably quite naive question for daily suit wearers. How on earth do you find the time to get them cleaned? I can't imagine wearing something every day that wasn't machine washable, it seems like it would be a massive pain in the arse to me.

Rocky

Hello decadence

View attachment 586439
That might be your next outfit, Accy

Top Bottom