My Ten Point Plan to Lose Weight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I am in good health and only slightly overweight, but I have a bit of a belly and extra love handles around the waist so.....

My plan for 2017 is...

1. Stop eating biscuits, especially the ones but directly behind me in the office!!!
2. Stop eating the kids leftovers at tea time, or finishing off "extra" portions
3. Stop eating crisps
4. Stop using full fat milk in tea and coffee
5. Cut down on the beer, wine etc.
6. Do some sit-ups each morning and evening
7. Push harder on my lunch time rides
8. Cut out sugar for a week (or as long as it is possible) - I dont take sugar in tea and coffee
9. Stop stuffing my face after a ride, just eat normally
10. Any suggestions______________

I will get myself weighed now, after XMAS and check in end of January!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Simplify to ...

1. Eat good quality food in sensible amounts.
2. Cut down drastically on treats/junk food.
3. Cycle more.

:okay:

Sit-ups won't help. You won't burn fat, you'll possibly damage your back, and you limit the muscles being trained.

How old are you? If you're under 40, then you should be doing more cardio exercise (running [fartlek/interval style], skipping, swimming). If you're over 40 then look at doing compound training (there's plenty of good advice on the net, this is the first 'decent-looking' one I found):

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mahler108.htm

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
If I didn't eat my kids leftovers I would pretty much starve- this explains the 10kg extra I could easily do with losing.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I am in good health and only slightly overweight, but I have a bit of a belly and extra love handles around the waist so.....

I was the same age (38) when I came back to cycling after a 14 year lay off. In that time I ballooned up to nearly 16 stone.
So.. what I did was...............

1. Stop eating biscuits, especially the ones but directly behind me in the office!!! This, but not completely, can't do without biccies now and again.
2. Stop eating the kids leftovers at tea time, or finishing off "extra" portions. This, well the extra portions bit
3. Stop eating crisps This, but not completely, can't do with crisps now and again.
4. Stop using full fat milk in tea and coffee. Changed to Semi Skimmed
5. Cut down on the beer, wine etc. This, big time. No more drinking for me on a school night.
6. Do some sit-ups each morning and evening. None of this malarky, not needed.
7. Push harder on my lunch time rides. Didn't do any of these. But fill your boots.
8. Cut out sugar for a week (or as long as it is possible) - I stopped all sugar in tea and coffee but gone back to sugar in coffee (it's just too bitter).
9. Stop stuffing my face after a ride, just eat normally. This, though it can be very hard to resist fridge raiding after a ride.
10. Any suggestions______________ Yes, ride your bike on a very regular basis.

As with all things with food and drink, moderation is the key. Cut out the crap, eat more healthy, cut down on the booze and ride your bike more regular,further and faster.

Withing 6 months I had lost 3 and a half stone. I'm now 50. Still have a bit of a belly and extra love handles, but that's because I love my food too much. If I worked harder and went on a strict diet I could probably lose another half a stone. But where is the fun in that?.

Try the 5-2 diet
It does educate you as how much hunger is in your head. 2 non consecutive days you limit your calories to 600 (which takes some doing) - the real eye opener for me though, was that the next day you expect to wake up starving - but you aren't !
Don't try and mix it with full eyeballs out training though ! the fast days should be lighter training or rest days....

U

User6179

My plan for 2017 is...

1. Stop eating biscuits, especially the ones but directly behind me in the office!!!
2. Stop eating the kids leftovers at tea time, or finishing off "extra" portions
3. Stop eating crisps
4. Stop using full fat milk in tea and coffee
5. Cut down on the beer, wine etc.
6. Do some sit-ups each morning and evening
7. Push harder on my lunch time rides
8. Cut out sugar for a week (or as long as it is possible) - I dont take sugar in tea and coffee
9. Stop stuffing my face after a ride, just eat normally
10. Any suggestions______________

Sounds like you have made up a list for 2017 so you can eat like a pig over the festive period ^_^
I used to do this every year :blush:

Try using 'sprays' in your pans, if you fry stuff, rather than straight out of the bottle liquid oils, you'd be amazed how many calories you can save.

Top Bottom