Pro Racing pub quiz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Aye it was Pauwels, I knew that because Brian Smith tweeted asking why Bardet had got the overall combativity when Pauwels had been the rider who had spent most on the time in breakaways - I suggested it was something to do with being French. Perish the thought... ;)

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
The Giro combativity prize is decided by an objective points system. The Tour combativity prize is decided subjectively by an all-French jury.

Do the math, as they say.

http://inrng.com/2013/07/the-combativity-prize-tour-de-france/

The Couch

Über Member
Indeed, he spend about 17h20 in an escape, compared to 2nd place Perichon 16h52 and 3rd place 16h40 De Gendt

So even if they wanted to keep it French, they could have gone for Perichon as well... but I guess it was maybe a sort of consolidation price after being forced to wear the polka dot jersey in the last stage to the Champs-Elysees (i.e. when all the pictures are taken), while you're only number 3 in the standings

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
How many times did a team led by Patrick Lefevre dominate (take all 3 places on) the Paris Roubaix podium?
Extra points, if you can guess the years as well :okay:

Hint: it was spread across 2 millennia and each edition was won by another rider

Twice? Mapei - Museeuw and Tafi? Although I thought that was mid-late 90s so someone else in the 2000s as well. So maybe 3 times? No idea who 3rd would have been.

Top Bottom