Recovery Protein???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No such thing as a crap 3rd cat racer from the perspective of a new 4th cat racer, your near on pro if your finishing that high up :thumbsup: I'm crapper than you by far.

bless you for that.. ;) These days, my aim is just to be competitive, but although I've been plenty competitive enough this season, I haven't had any wins.... :sad:

What.? Are you joking..? The list of real foods that can do precisely that are as long as your arm (or longer, if you have particularly short arms). A plain old tin of tuna will get you close to 30g for starters. You've obviously never looked inside one of the musettes that get handed out on a tour stage...

I've seen the contents of the food bags and alongside some really nice looking real food is always a couple of power bars or gel packs. I think the real food is often there to feed the mind as much as the body as just eating power bars can get pretty depressing.

EG, Garmin Team feed bag...

2 bottles of Clif electrolyte mix or one water and one mix on hot days
1 Clif bar
1 Mojo/Luna/Z bar
1 Clif block
1 Clif gel with and one without caffeine,
1 little sandwich made with ham and Philadelphia cream cheese, for example
1 special rice cake made with egg and rice!
1 tiny can of Coke.

And tuna, yes, after a ride, you can get all the protein you need from a couple cans of protein, but I'd rather drink a nice milk shake with fruit and whey powder than eat tuna. And I find the cool shake, especially after a hot ride easier to consume than tuna.

I'll leave the tuna to my next normal real food meal, maybe a nice tuna steak.

so it turns out you DO know of real food that can fuel you for a fast 100..?? Only earlier you said you didn't....

No I still don't know of any real food that on it's own will fuel a fast 100. No sandwich, pie, piece of fruit or combinations of these would be enough without some supplements. Whereas I've ridden plenty of 100 mile rides without any real food in the bag.

No you don't you were right first time. :thumbsup:

so you think the best measure of fitness is what happens after you exercise - not during..??

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Surely both performance AND recovery would improve with fitness? But it must be much easier to measure performance as a guide to your fitness than it would be recovery as its instantly quantifiable?

Surely both performance AND recovery would improve with fitness? But it must be much easier to measure performance as a guide to your fitness than it would be recovery as its instantly quantifiable?

Correct Matt.. :smile:

Not much point measuring your fitness by recovery rate while getting dropped in races... ;)

lukesdad

That statement is a bit loose, its not that simple and many threads have covered this before I shall try to find one for you.

Top Bottom