Road Bikes, V Brakes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Those handlebars whatever they're called are a good shout with DT shifters too.
They're 'Bullhorn' handlebars, originally paired with TT extensions and bar end shifters but I didn't get on with the extensions so sold them which left me with nowhere to put the bar ends so I went for DT shifters. Bit of a mix 'n' match on the gearing side though, originally it had Dura-Ace 9 speed bar ends which are also compatible with an 8 speed Dura-Ace cassette (same spacing) Shimano used a different spacing (narrower) for their other 9 speed range but the Dura-Ace 8 speed are the same spacing as are other 8 speed cassettes the current DT shifters are Shimano 7 speed which I'd originally planned on using 'friction' but I found they had an extra position after the 'click' so they work indexed on an 8. The rear mech in that picture is a 105GS 10 speed but I've nicked that for another bike to cope with the Ultegra HTII triple that has on now but a standard 105 is sitting ready to go on to the Road Ace long with a nice silver 105 HTII to replace that black crank.

The Beeb presenters talk a load of b******s! They were talking about coal powered power stations and how wood pellets from America are helping to reduce emissions .
Of course the wood pellets float here swept across the Atlantic by natural ocean currents .

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
The Beeb presenters talk a load of b******s! They were talking about coal powered power stations and how wood pellets from America are helping to reduce emissions .
Of course the wood pellets float here swept across the Atlantic by natural ocean currents .

I think you may have the wrong thread dear fellow. No V brakes are involved in biomass transportation.

Separately, I can assure you that regardless of the overall rights and wrongs of US wood pellets for UK power, transport emissions are very unlikely to form a major part of the net impact.

Top Bottom