Show us your Dawes

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by Rickshaw Phil, 13 May 2017.

Tags:
  1. dave r

dave r The Little Diesel

This is my Dawes from the 1990's, at the time a clubmate of mine worked for Dawes and got me the frame, I can't remember what it cost me, and I built it up, it was a 22" frame and slightly to big but I rode it for years and I did some excellent rides on it

dawes 2.jpeg

somewhere around 2004, on a Friday, I had a puncture and dropped into the LBS on the way home for a new tube, I came out with a Dawes Giro, a 16 speed that was my Sunday best for many years.

dawes 3.jpeg

In the mid 60's I had a paper round and used the money to buy a Dawes Kingpin on HP with my Dad standing guarantor, it was about 5 bob a week.

097 David Reynolds.jpg

Last edited: 22 Oct 2017
    Dave 123, Mo1959, raleighnut and 11 others like this.
  2. gasinayr

gasinayr Well-Known Member

My Vantage on the Crieff road. Great bike !

Attached Files:

3. further

further Über Member

Now with new bar tape and non aero levers DSCF0798.JPG

4. Vantage

Vantage The dogs chew toy

OMG another VANTAGE!!! :notworthy:^_^

Rickshaw Phil likes this.
  5. gasinayr

6. gasinayr

Just for you Vantage, here is one of mine above Loch Striven in Argyll

Vantage likes this.
  7. further

further Über Member

New old Galaxy with a few changes DSCF0802.JPG

8. Vantage

Vantage The dogs chew toy

Somebody stole your mudguards!

9. further

further Über Member

That's the blue one,the purple one has never had mudguards while I have owned it.

10. Multicyclist

Multicyclist Regular

Not one for the purists I'm afraid! My 2006 Dawes Hybrid (Colorado) bought as a cheap hack Hybrid, I immediately noticed it's massive tyre clearance, soo. Project monstercross began. 29er mtb wheels with 29x1.75" Schwalbe Smart Sam tyres, surly cross-check forks, 8 speed non series brifters hooked to some relic 80's mtb cantilever brajes, mtb 26-32-46 chainset, 11x30 out back & for the full freakshow look (& superb control offroad) some On-One Midge handlebars & a 120mm Ritchey stem. I'v been using it like this for a fair few years with serious offroad use (2x coast to coast, loaded) & it's not broken. Respect to Dawes & their cheap frames.
    20170902_121337-01.jpeg

Last edited: 22 Nov 2017
  11. Multicyclist

Multicyclist Regular

Very very pretty bike.

12. Alex H

Alex H Veteran

13. uphillstruggler

uphillstruggler Veteran

Hello @Multicyclist, what wheelset did you buy for this, ive something similar but cant find anything non disc

cheers in advance

14. Multicyclist

Multicyclist Regular

Hi,
    I didn't actually buy the wheels (separately) the wheels were leftover wheels from an upgrade on an old Whistle 29er mtb. I upgraded its wheels to shimano mt55's (disc only) & put these whistle branded (but Alex rimmed really) wheels on the Dawes. It was a build from old bits. I appreciate your problem, i'v looked for better wheels after realising how much I enjoyed riding the bike & there's not much out there except cheap hybrid type wheels or too narrow rimmed cx wheels. Sorry I can't help.

uphillstruggler likes this.
  15. uphillstruggler

uphillstruggler Veteran

Thanks for taking the time anyway

Multicyclist likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice