SKS Raceblade longs on a Giant TCR ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
After a muddy bum this morning because I took the best bike out on the wet roads but sunny commute, I am resolved to get some clip-on guards. The bike has no mounting points but has brake bridges.

Some of the riding is in company. SKS Raceblade longs appear to fit the bill but has anyone got experience of other things I should be looking at ?

Thanks

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Make sure you get the MK2's as the clip at the brake calliper point is metal not plastic like the 1's. Imho having had a pair of MK1's and a pair of MK2's they are the closest to proper full guards you will get. They can be fitted with a rear flap so are great for group rides,they fit bikes with very little clearance and are solid once set up well. They don't protect your callipers though or the front mech so remember to clean these and lube regularly.

Can you get any Giant specific ones? I know on the Defy the Giant ones use a special clip inside the fork crown to allow for wider tyre clearances and make it look “neater”.

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Can you get any Giant specific ones? I know on the Defy the Giant ones use a special clip inside the fork crown to allow for wider tyre clearances and make it look “neater”.

Thanks - I bought some Giant specific ones for my old Defy and two sets snapped off on the rear at the bridge, the first time causing a wheel jam/broken derailleur & chain. Not going down that road again !

pawl

Legendary Member
Crud Roadracer mk3 are excellent - got them on my Defy Advanced, highly recommend them

I had problems fitting the mk3 to my old giant OCR rear triangle.

It rubbed at the brake bridge if adjusted for that It rubbed behind the seat tube.Moved the stays to various positions to no avail.I did wonder if the problems I had was due to the rear forks being below the seat tube.
I have refitted the MK2 which I have had on the bike for approx 2 years,they seem to have more adjustment.Main problem with the M K2 is you are pretty much limited to23c tyres,although some have managed to fit25s, With the 3s you have according to the blurb a wider range of tyres that will fit subject to frame clearance.
One word of warning don’t try and rest the bike on the mudguard if you take the wheel out or you will end up with an ass saver instead of a full rear gaurd.

mustang1

Legendary Member
I was at the Giant store the other day and the sales guy said it's better to stick with race blades or crud because the giant ones aren't as good.

Top Bottom