Strava and mental health

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
My friend has deleted his Strava account over 20 times in the last 12 months. He opens up a fresh account and sends requests out all over again.
Any head quacks know why?
I believe he has a self loathe issue and will never be happy with his performance. Maybe people like that should just ride without recording!?

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
My friend has deleted his Strava account over 20 times in the last 12 months. He opens up a fresh account and sends requests out all over again.
I believe he has a self loathe issue and will never be happy with his performance. Maybe people like that should just ride without recording!?
Have you broached the subject with him?

I only use it to log my yearly mileage, the rest is just a bit of fun. If I get some fake awards in the meantime then all well and good:smile:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Just had to google it. Interesting, but not for me.
What, mental health?

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
He may have issues, and maybe he should stop using Strava but not a lot you as a friend can do about that really. At least while he's riding, he's getting fit and healthy and getting outdoors. There are worse addictions.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
One time I asked about it. He says when he has a bad day, as in the wife nagging him and getting up early to feed the baby it makes him delete it. So the bad days are not even ride related. Just strange.

Top Bottom