Strava - Kudos.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wyre forest blues

Über Member
I'm in a cycling club and use Strava. I give Kudos to cyclists when I think they have achieved something over and above their normal achievements. What I cant understand is why many give Kudos for everything. For example, a cyclist in our club today did less than 2 miles on a 'virtual ride' but 7 others have given him Kudos. Others have so many 'friends' when they ride they get Kudos into almost 3 figures. Its like a competition to see who can get the most. For me it devalues Strava and the Kudos scheme. What do others think.

Slioch

Guru
Yes. Exactly. All of the above.
Strava is a bit of a w**kfest, which is why I can't be arsed with it (IMHO).
:okay:

I don`t see what the issue is to be honest..........

Kudos doesn`t cost anything to give, and it`s nice to get. It`s a bit of fun and isn`t meant to be taken literally. I really have more important things to worry about to be perfectly honest

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
One of my friends uses Strava only because Glasgow City council alledgedly uses the Strava heat map to monitor cyclist traffic.
She got quite annoyed because I was giving her Kudos, not knowing what they mean.
I didn't have the heart to tell her it's just the same as facebook likes, she doesn't complain about those 😄

xxDarkRiderxx

Veteran
I think there is an automated way to give Kudos!! can anyone confirm? I get Kudos for rides from people who I've never met. Maybe there stalkers if I'm lucky.

I think there is an automated way to give Kudos!! can anyone confirm? I get Kudos for rides from people who I've never met. Maybe there stalkers if I'm lucky.
You must have your account set up so that anybody can follow you/give you kudos.....

I did to start with, it`s a pain in the arse. Just change it so that people have to "request to follow" you, and it will all stop:okay:

Fastigan

Yep, indoor stuff I ignore, you are not going anywhere, so it's not a bike ride.
Other activities I refuse thumbs up are..
1) Walking, or worse still, a dog walk
2) Short utility rides

Top Bottom