The Logan's Run thread (and other 70's SciFi....)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I have this on my PC and watch it from time to time. Great SF for kids at the time and yes, we did manage to find gaps in fences to crawl through but alas , no time barrier!.
http://www.timeslip.org.uk/

Trivia about this show: Simon's older self in the story 'Year of the Burn Up' (prophetic about global warming for 1970!) was played by David Graham who is Parker & Brains from the original Thunderbirds. The show was produced by Ruth Boswell, who later went on to give us The Tomorrow People.
Ah The Tomorrow People. I didn't watch much of it as a kid (too complicated, my tiny mind could only cope with cops and robbers), but did get he box set a couple of years ago and am (slowly) working my way through it. I love the combination of dodgy yet theatrical acting, shoddy sets, excellent stories and childish gags... and playing "what do i know them from?" throughout.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Ooh, I needs one of them. I have the film somewhere on my hard disc.

Edit for fat fingers.

(Where did you get the shirt?)

https://www.lastexittonowhere.com/ - but I think the Silent Running one may have been end-of-line. It's the second one of that design I've bought and they don't always keep all the designs going.

www.nerdoh.com is another similar site, but I don't like their stuff as much as Last Exit To Nowhere. They are a bit more obvious in their references and go for the big pictures, whereas LETN give you stuff like this which is a bit more subtle:

https://www.lastexittonowhere.com/catalogue/soylent-corporation-regular-t-shirt_126/

Drago

Legendary Member
U.F.O. was one of my favourites.

Commander Ed Straker's car has been found rotting in someone's garden. They won't sell it, but they have allowed it to be photographed, measured in detail, and moulds taken from the body. A replica is being built, and Edd China is involved in the project (friends with the guy building it). Ed Straker was cooler than a Cornetto in January.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Ah The Tomorrow People. I didn't watch much of it as a kid (too complicated, my tiny mind could only cope with cops and robbers), but did get he box set a couple of years ago and am (slowly) working my way through it. I love the combination of dodgy yet theatrical acting, shoddy sets, excellent stories and childish gags... and playing "what do i know them from?" throughout.

Check out the story 'The Blue & the Green, episodes 1 & 2. You should be able to spot a very young Pauline Quirke as one of classroom kids!. I think Linda Robson may be there too.
Also, the TP's friend 'Chris' - featured in the story 'Secret Weapon' is now Eric Pollard in Emmerdale:
Chris1.jpg
Eric_Pollard.jpg

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Zardoz was underrated if you ask me.

Actually this clip is better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
simon the viking
I remember running home from school to watch tomorrow people, and used to love U.F.O.i remember it being on sundays about lunchtime, I think I still have a intercepter in the loft at my mums.

I had an interceptor I seem to recall. I think it fired some form of plastic missile/match stick when the originals were lost

Top Bottom