Things or people that annoy you

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Nearly there, 21 Mar 2012.

1. postman

postman Legendary Member

The weirdos in supermarkets who put things on shelves that don't belong there,i see it everytime i go to Sainsbugs.Nutters why do it get a life.

2. Reiver

Reiver Ribbit Ribbit

People who talk in loud or penetrating voices, a couple of examples from the last week; on a reasonably busy train with most seats filled with people talking to each other at a level where you can hear voices but not hearing the words, but then there was one woman about three rows in front who you could make out every single word and she was one of these motor mouths that rattled on non stop, I don't want to know about her aunties health problems. And then again in a cafe, another woman could have been 5 tables away and I could hear every single word, couldn't hear the voice of the woman she was talking to. I don't think it is a volume thing and I doubt they are doing it on purpose, it is like their voices are just more penetrating, but whatever, it's bloody irritating.

perplexed likes this.
  3. mustang1

mustang1 Veteran

When there is enough space for two people to walk side by side up the stairs to the train platform but someone decides to go in the middle and I miss the train.

4. subaqua

subaqua What’s the point

I am with Donald Tusk on this one

5. gavgav

gavgav Guru

Everyone I encountered at work today. Some days you wonder if people are being deliberately stupid!

6. Eddy

Eddy Obergruppenführer

Subtitles that appear on the top of the screen, then the bottom, then back to the top, back down to the bottom...……………...

7. PK99

PK99 Guru

People (most often young ladies) who stop without warning just in front of me going down stairs to the platform to input an urgent text on their phone...

8. Tenacious Sloth

Tenacious Sloth Über Member

Also, subtitles that don’t have a black background thus becoming impossible read 70% of the time.

Eddy likes this.
  9. bruce1530

bruce1530 Über Member

On a busy train today, woman, apparently well spoken, probably in her 30s, speaking on a “handsfree” phone. Perhaps because she had earphones on, she didn’t realise how loud she was. But the whole carriage now knows that:

a. She is the administrator for an organisation that gives out grants.
    b. She rejected an application for a group, because she thought it might be used to support a certain cause.
    c. She made some comments about that group of people which I’m sure that, if they had heard it, they could have taken legal action under discrimination laws
    d. she referred to the applicants as “a bunch of c*nts”, among other things.

classic33 likes this.
  10. Phaeton

Phaeton Guru

Not offering a defence for her, but I have no hearing in 1 ear & only 60% in the other with ranges I can't hear at all, I sometimes inadvertently increase my volume when I think I'm competing with other sounds around, my wife has a look which I now know is "you're too loud" at which point I have to consciously reduce the volume until her face changes. This is especially prevalent in place that have hard, walls & floors, hence why I rarely go into pubs.

screenman and Reiver like this.
  11. SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey 20% through Decade 7. Yikes! Moderator

Laura 'but' Kuenssberg.

12. Reiver

Reiver Ribbit Ribbit

It's as if some people get so engrossed/lost in their phone calls they completely forget where they are or what they are doing - as a cyclist it is a worrying phenomenon.

As it happens I have been away on a train today, and as I stood on the platform at Berwick station this morning there was a woman talking in a stupidly loud voice at a tablet held with out stretch arms (presumably she needed glasses) with the tablets volume set at full. I prayed to god she would get on another carriage, and thankfully for once my prayers were answered.
    Thankfully for once both my outward and return journeys were free of Don Jolly types.

13. Phaeton

Phaeton Guru

This seems to be a new phenomenon where people walk around with the phone held flat out in front of their mouth. I could understand it if they were 80-90 & never seen or been shown how to use a phone, but these aren't. Surely by now we've got past the 'Oow look I have a phone aren't I important '

14. Reiver

Reiver Ribbit Ribbit

could it be skipe(?) where they look at each other while talking

15. Threevok

Threevok Junior Member (Trainee)

Alexander "Thank you very much indeed" Armstrong

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice