Things or people that annoy you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

Subtitles that appear on the top of the screen, then the bottom, then back to the top, back down to the bottom...……………...

PK99

Legendary Member
When there is enough space for two people to walk side by side up the stairs to the train platform but someone decides to go in the middle and I miss the train.

People (most often young ladies) who stop without warning just in front of me going down stairs to the platform to input an urgent text on their phone...

bruce1530

Guru
[QUOTE 5528542, member: 9609"]People who talk in loud or penetrating voices, a couple of examples from the last week; [/QUOTE]

On a busy train today, woman, apparently well spoken, probably in her 30s, speaking on a “handsfree” phone. Perhaps because she had earphones on, she didn’t realise how loud she was. But the whole carriage now knows that:

a. She is the administrator for an organisation that gives out grants.
b. She rejected an application for a group, because she thought it might be used to support a certain cause.
c. She made some comments about that group of people which I’m sure that, if they had heard it, they could have taken legal action under discrimination laws
d. she referred to the applicants as “a bunch of c*nts”, among other things.

D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 5528542, member: 9609"]I don't think it is a volume thing and I doubt they are doing it on purpose, it is like their voices are just more penetrating, but whatever, it's bloody irritating.[/QUOTE]
Not offering a defence for her, but I have no hearing in 1 ear & only 60% in the other with ranges I can't hear at all, I sometimes inadvertently increase my volume when I think I'm competing with other sounds around, my wife has a look which I now know is "you're too loud" at which point I have to consciously reduce the volume until her face changes. This is especially prevalent in place that have hard, walls & floors, hence why I rarely go into pubs.

D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 5534242, member: 9609"]As it happens I have been away on a train today, and as I stood on the platform at Berwick station this morning there was a woman talking in a stupidly loud voice at a tablet held with out stretch arms (presumably she needed glasses) with the tablets volume set at full.[/QUOTE]
This seems to be a new phenomenon where people walk around with the phone held flat out in front of their mouth. I could understand it if they were 80-90 & never seen or been shown how to use a phone, but these aren't. Surely by now we've got past the 'Oow look I have a phone aren't I important '

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Alexander "Thank you very much indeed" Armstrong

D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 5534426, member: 9609"]could it be skipe(?) where they look at each other while talking[/QUOTE]
In that case they'd be holding the phone vertical so the camera was in use, the way I see them do it is horizontal so the mic is close to the mouth. I've seem it on TV so presume they think it's the new 'cool' thing to do.

Gary E

Veteran
Wiggle returns process!
I started a return 11 days ago. It's now sat in their warehouse where "we allow 7 days for processing" and then, since they don't do exchanges it'll be "up to 5 days for the refund to show in your account" followed by the time it takes to re-order and deliver the new item!

Top Bottom