Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Effyb4

Veteran
My square is back to 7x7. I had to go along a dead end bridle path to get one square and ride along a short section of a busy A road to get another.

13 rider

Guru
You're going to regret not doing that square with me and @tallliman near the River Trent on the last Lincoln ride :tongue:
It will be a while before I need that one

wajc

Veteran
Where is the leaderboard for the max sqaure and cluster?

If you look at the summary tab for your Veloviewer profile you will see a box to the right with your activity stats in. To the right of this box is a button labelled 'Club and Overall Leader boards'. Click on this and the leader boards appear. You can select various leader boards including Max Square, Cluster, Tiles etc and you can also filter by year or select 'All Years'

13 rider

Guru
Square disaster today been out today and bagged a few squares around Melton to expand my square only for my GPS to go flat with 68 miles on the clock a mile from home . Got home plugged in the charger ride recovered but only uploaded 14 miles so no new squares :banghead:.

There are ways and means for "mocking up" the route to get the squares but I don't know how I feel about the ethics of that. (Not that I'm the arbiter of veloviewer justice!)

Welby Lane is a lovely way of getting that square by the way, nice gradual climb up to Ab Kettleby.

13 rider

Guru
There are ways and means for "mocking up" the route to get the squares but I don't know how I feel about the ethics of that. (Not that I'm the arbiter of veloviewer justice!)

Welby Lane is a lovely way of getting that square by the way, nice gradual climb up to Ab Kettleby.
Not really bothered about the squares .it was a nice ride so I will do it again . I did Welby lane but went right past the old pit to Melton to get another square then did the A 6006 to Upper Broughton

wajc

Veteran
Square disaster today been out today and bagged a few squares around Melton to expand my square only for my GPS to go flat with 68 miles on the clock a mile from home . Got home plugged in the charger ride recovered but only uploaded 14 miles so no new squares :banghead:.

That's a pain. If it's a Garmin you have with FIT file output the link below takes you to a Fit File Repair Tool. I've used it myself to repair corrupted files before. Hope it is of help.

http://garmin.kiesewetter.nl/

I'm pretty sure that I've seen a value in veloviewer for the distance advanced per pedal stroke. I imagine it calculates this from the cadence and speed sensor data. Boogered if I can find it - can anybody point me in the right direction please?

Top Bottom