Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bruce1530

Guru
Here’s mine, which illustrates the problem I have... Since I live on the coast, on a bit that slants diagonally, I’m a bit limited in the directions I can go unless I get a pedalo! I live in Saltcoats - near the bit on the map below that says “Ardr” (Ardrossan) - so I actually live outside my max squares!

There’s a little peninsula just southeast of where I live - 3 squares there - but being an explosives factory, it’s well fenced off. And the 6 squares a few miles north of me are moorland with no roads or paths. Same with the larger section further north.

velo.jpeg

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Here’s mine, which illustrates the problem I have... Since I live on the coast, on a bit that slants diagonally, I’m a bit limited in the directions I can go unless I get a pedalo! I live in Saltcoats - near the bit on the map below that says “Ardr” (Ardrossan) - so I actually live outside my max squares!

There’s a little peninsula just southeast of where I live - 3 squares there - but being an explosives factory, it’s well fenced off. And the 6 squares a few miles north of me are moorland with no roads or paths. Same with the larger section further north.

View attachment 379234

I like the route around Arran. You need to ride your bike around the ferry next time you go across :whistle:

steverob

Guru
Because virtually all my rides are in one area, I had to turn down the route opacity option as otherwise my map just looked like a giant blob of red lines and you couldn't see any of the map details! I do have a few rides in other areas of the country (and my London rides go off the bottom of this picture), but none of them are joined up to my main cluster.

wajc

Veteran
2017-10-22.png
105km ride today to target several squares that involved some off-road. Wanted to get them done before the ground conditions deteriorated when winter finally gets here. Max square 28x28 , Max Cluster 1023.

Annoyed about one square as I was a few meters short and it involved about 100m of riding over pretty big stones (for 23mm road tyres anyway). The original GPS trace shows I did make a small turn at the end of the track towards the square but not far enough. 3x GPS on board and no amount of getting Veloviewer to calculate the true tiles covered made any difference. No choice but to revisit.

13 rider

Guru
View attachment 379889 105km ride today to target several squares that involved some off-road. Wanted to get them done before the ground conditions deteriorated when winter finally gets here. Max square 28x28 , Max Cluster 1023.

Annoyed about one square as I was a few meters short and it involved about 100m of riding over pretty big stones (for 23mm road tyres anyway). The original GPS trace shows I did make a small turn at the end of the track towards the square but not far enough. 3x GPS on board and no amount of getting Veloviewer to calculate the true tiles covered made any difference. No choice but to revisit.
I take it theres no other way to get that square ? . There annoying like that

Top Bottom