Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Well still stuck at 24x24, but it's now 27x24 so some North/South work to do. A nice 66 miler today save 17 new squares in the pot, now at 1399. My square is looking too square, so I need some pointy out bits to start building from. I really enjoyed the long ride down to Brighton, so there's a good few options to build Southwards there.

wajc

Veteran
It's getting harder and I've been knocked off the leaderboard

You've spent a lot longer on it than I did - a whole week was all I managed for 39 x 39 back in mid June this year.

I prefer to look at the national records here now ^_^

https://rideeverytile.com/tiling-records/

I've not increased my max square score since then (although 40x40 is easily doable) but have covered over 500 new squares

upload_2018-11-18_18-22-8.png

Alan O

Über Member
Yesterday's 67-mile ride didn't go exactly to plan, after a couple of wrong turns and then a blocked bridle path ended up with me crossing some locks to a footpath along the river Weaver. That started out easily navigable but after a while it petered out into ploughed fields and super-narrow muddy riverbank paths.

I ended up pushing for a couple of miles and struggling to get through those gates that are intended to keep bikes (and cows, probably) out, until I found a path uphill and had to carry the bike up there (tangential thought - do cyclocross riders do this kind of thing for fun?)

Anyway, I finally found my way back on to rideable lanes and then roads I knew, after losing about an hour and a half. A puncture later also lost me more time and, not wanting to ride too much in the dark, I abandoned a few tile-seeking detours and took a direct route home.

The result is that I added 20 tiles to my total, to 541, but max cluster is unchanged at 167 - I was mostly away from home with a couple of nearby blanks in between which should up my cluster significantly when I ride them.

And looking at the map after I got home, it seems my riverside struggle actually got me three tiles that would have been tricky to get into otherwise, so that bit of pain actually had an upside!

13 rider

Guru
11 more squares today . A targeted ride around the town of Tamworth very busy roads . Total squares 3306 max cluster 1510 . Set up my western edge with two extras columns of squares now need to extend north and south force max square jump . Eastern edge currently blocked by a tricky square which may requiring walking

Top Bottom