What good is Alexa.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ok I haven't read the whole thread, but why would anyone let google listen, record, and sell everything they said in the privacy of their own home.?
Alexa is Amaz0n not Go0gle. Amaz0n don't need to sell your data to anyone. They are the sinister corporation that you don't want to have your data. There is no need to sell it.

Oh, and for the record, people with Alexas are having way more sex than people with CycleChat accounts (both percentage and absolute - absolute by several orders of magnitude)

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
After meeting you I can assure you that is a catastrophic admin error.

Thank goodness for that. That's a bullet dodged. By me before you pipe up.....

Hard to tell, double digits. In fairness most tonight are from CC.
And most of them are middle aged and elderly men, who pretend to be heterosexual. @Markymark is of course heteroflexible. I couldn't say if that was his nature, or his duty, but either way, he does not shirk his duty.

I am not involved, because of conflicts caused by me being on the judging panel. This is lucky, because I do not share his work ethic.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well as an example my mum loves hers.

She can ask it in english to play books for her, she can tell it to wake her up with a radio station she wants. She can also tell it to switch itself off after a set time she says so she can listen to it as she falls asleep. It also answers questions, which isnt perfect but, usually does give her the answer she is looking for.

It can also voice control lights, I can imagine that being handy for someone who has difficulty getting around. The advantage as I see it is it does lots of handy things and you may not use them all but its being added to all the time.

I use conversions (weight etc) and the timers quite a lot. You can name the timers so while cooking you can have multiple timers running and it will let you know by name which one is up.
The radio maybe, Alexa no.

Top Bottom