What good is Alexa.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
Just as you press your Alexa mute button, what if it said "Dave......my mind is going.....I can feel it..."

Actually, if Alexa could be programmed to sound and act like Kevin, the ship's computer in Space Team, I might buy one.

Holly or Hilly from Red Dwarf and would have one like a shot

Drago

Legendary Member
I just asked "Alexa, do you do poos?" and she changed the subject. An evasive lass is Alexa.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
My mum uses hers as a better quality radio in the kitchen, as a multiple timer when she's cooking and sets reminders to take her tablets four times a day. My wife uses hers to control the heating (bills down 20% since installation), to control the lights, open curtains, music, set shopping lists and reminders for her meds - all from her wheelchair wherever she is in the house. I use it for music, kitchen timers, converting units, following recipes etc at home and in the car for music, news, learning Spanish, translating, and reminder lists.

All the stuff about it recording and monitoring could equally be applied to your phone, laptop, tablet, smartwatch etc etc

ETA - my wife's just reminded me she has an emergency alert set on it so if she falls she can tell Alexa to alert me and/or others in the family.

Last edited:
Top Bottom