What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

freiston

Veteran
Those Wolf Tooth pliers look very useful - but what a ludicrous price.
I don't think I would have bought them if I didn't have the residue of a recent redundancy payment to tap into. A main selling point for me is that I can slide it into my little under-seat toolbag, together with a couple of spare tubes and a multitool (it and the multitool both double as a tyre lever).

Domus

Guru
Some winter boots to help keep my poor tootsies warm.
My shoes are 45 so bought 46 size boots. Hopefully a slightly thicker sock and a bit of wriggle room for toes should help. I really do suffer with cold toes.
Got the Shimano ones from Wheelbase.

freiston

Veteran
Some winter boots to help keep my poor tootsies warm.
My shoes are 45 so bought 46 size boots. Hopefully a slightly thicker sock and a bit of wriggle room for toes should help. I really do suffer with cold toes.
Got the Shimano ones from Wheelbase.
I recently bought some Lake winter boots. I measured my feet according to the website and ordered accordingly - a very tight fit! I could only get them on with my thinnest socks. Luckily, they seem to be "breaking in" (they have leather uppers) and they are very comfortable now with thin "1000 Mile" double-layer socks. I wish I had gone for a size bigger with a thicker sock. They are lovely boots though and I feel very comfortable and warm in them with the thin sock both on and off the bike.

Last edited:

KneesUp

Guru
Two punctures in two days last week, so two new tyres and two new inner tubes today. The old tyres are about 3 years old, and until last week has only punctured once, so definitely time to retire (see what I did there?) them. Also a couple of new tyre levers as mine seem to have evaporated. I got the tyre off to repair the first puncture with one tyre lever and spoon.

rivers

How far can I go?
A dog trailer. It's currently without wheels on the living room floor and the dog is relaxing in it. We have a few months to get her used to it before we take her out for a ride. I'll be attaching it sans dog to start some hill climbing

I've just ordered a 8sp chain & cassette for the commuter.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
A dog trailer. It's currently without wheels on the living room floor and the dog is relaxing in it. We have a few months to get her used to it before we take her out for a ride. I'll be attaching it sans dog to start some hill climbing
Our Westie loves our dog trailer. The Yorkie hates it. We put an old soft dog bed in the bottom of the trailer to give it our dogs’ smell. Worked a treat.

Top Bottom