What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I ordered 2 cheapo Garmin mounts from a Chinese company on eBay. They will take 2-6 weeks to arrive. I have 2 already so I can use them in the mean time, but when the extra mounts arrive I will have one per bike so I will be able to stop swapping them about.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Geax Laczem tires for my Schwinn 26" tourer, 26 x1, for the narrow rims the Schwinn has for touring on-road. I also have some wider rims and tires for mixed and off road touring. The nice thing about 26" tourers is the versatility. I made this one from an old mountain bike. I added drop bars, new shifters, and other gear. While it was a mediocre mountain bike, it's a great tourer.

greekonabike

President of the 'Democratic Republic' of GOAB
Haven't bought anything for the last couple of weeks but I repurposed some 'rags' from the linen cupboard earlier when washing the bike.

GOAB

Garry A

Calibrating.....
A handlebar phone mount and a Chinese copy Knog Oi bell.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
A cheap dumbbell spanner from Wilko's to take the front wheel of my new bike when I got it to the car and realised it didn't fit.

Also, a pedal spanner, after telling Evans blithely that I'll fit the pedals I bought with the thing myself and realising the spanner in my Aldi toolkit was made of cheese.

And 200 cable ties of two sizes from Screwfix, of which I've used two. It was cheaper than buying 20 of one size from Homebase.

Johnno260

Veteran
Some Endura FS260 Pro bibshorts, Endura transrib baselayer, Spuik shoes, two spare inner tubes, Cycology Jersey.

Also found I get an Evan discount with my life insurance policy so that could damage the bank balance some more.

Lochen

Absolutely nothing!
I was going to order a cateye strada.
Then my van chewed through its brake shoes, which chewed through a disc, which when removed, revealed a thoroughly siezed caliper which is beyond repair.
So bike related purchases postponed with the knock on that I've been up to my elbows in broken van so haven't even been out on the bike......

Johnno260

Veteran
Absolutely nothing!
I was going to order a cateye strada.
Then my van chewed through its brake shoes, which chewed through a disc, which when removed, revealed a thoroughly siezed caliper which is beyond repair.
So bike related purchases postponed with the knock on that I've been up to my elbows in broken van so haven't even been out on the bike......

Ouch I was pretty sore the other day as well potholes claimed 2 more alloy wheels on my car, that's number 6 and 7.

Top Bottom