What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
3M helicopter tape, braided cable cover for the dynamo cable off the 'bay and some brass cable adjusters from Donhou.

Oh and got some Jagwire Elite brake cables at staff rates.

All for the Robinson:smile:

Also a change of plan regarding wheels, will swap the front Archetype on to the SP hub although not until early next year.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Quite a bit:

- DuraAce 9000 rear derailleur for a 2018 build
- A pair of BR561 brakes for the Eastway
- A pair of Ultegra 6800 pedals
- A Niterider 450 USB rechargeable light
- Rear Shimano Claris derailleur for parts store / Eastway
- Uvex FP5 helmet as a spare

Not bad for just over £135 spent.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I was dithering about whether I could fit 42-622 Continental Nordic Spike tyres on a particular bike and whether I wanted to try Continental again anyway when someone put a pair of new 30mm Schwalbe Winters on ebay for about £40, so I bought them instead.

mgs315

Couple of sets of Ultegra 6800 pads for the Triban 500. The current OEM set are getting a bit worn (never good anyway!) and I had a scary moment on the last club run so time for some new pads but the Triban comes with all in one sets to I needed a cartridge style setup for future proofing (I hope to keep it as a winter/commuter and get a Canyon Endurace CF 8.0 as the bit of fun).

Last edited:

daisyj

Über Member
Schwalbe Durano Plus tyres, currently warming on the radiator for fitting tomorrow. I have very small hands and weak thumbs! I'm hoping tyre levers will help.

mgs315

Decided sod it, may as well pick up a speed/cadence sensor and HRM for the Garmin. Want to seriously look at fitness training this year (though I can’t quite justify a power meter yet!)

Not specifically for the bike, more of an indirect purchase.

Booked a hotel in Llanberis so I can chase this years goal of cycling up (and down) Snowdon.

And what will be a 550 mile round trip to cycle 12 miles or so !!!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I've brought my bikes another companion!

Yesterday I went to Decathlon and a couple of other shops at Lakeside to have a look around. While I was there I popped into Halfords and they had an ex display Voodoo Bizango 29er which was reduced from the current clearout price of £500 to an in store price of £400 and it was in my size! Out came the British Cycling card and my debit card and I became the owner of said bike for the princely sum of £360. I've also ordered a few bits from CRC like mudguards and some yellow Wellgo V8 copy pedals to go with it.

bpsmith

Veteran
Got a Castelli Gabba 3 SS Jersey for a steal. Always wanted one but £150 was rather a lot. They literally had only one in Black and in my size at £59.99. Price rise to £89.99 as soon as I ordered. I had a £45 voucher as a Birthday gift from a few friends collaboratively, so spent £14.99. :smile:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
(For me more than the bike) A new pair of Endura Gridlock II waterproof trousers, which are getting rare as hens teeth, since they got discontinued.

I don't like any of the new offerings from Endura in this department

pjd57

Veteran
Went out for winter gloves.
Saw some on Sports direct website
Just wanted something big to go over the top of my usual ones.

Got to their shop to find .....nothing.
You need to order them , then pay an extra fiver to get them delivered to the shop.

Shove that big Mikey.

Still it got me on my bike for a few miles there and back along the canal path.

Top Bottom