What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
My Saris Bones 3 came today!!! Previously loved and in excellent shape from Ebay, I got such a bargain!

Attachments

• 20180119_135747.jpg
    20180119_135747.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 27

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Bought two days ago and delivered today - Tortec Transalp Disc Rear Pannier Rack Rear Black and Giant City Pannier Bag 20L Black from Tredz.

Very happy with them. Fitted nicely to my 27.5” MTB. I look forward to testing them out.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Do let us know how they work out @RealLeeHimself. Wondering about luggage solutions for my mtb. Cheers.

Will do. They fitted perfectly straightaway.

Bag - https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Giant-City-Pannier-Bag_70711.htm
Rack - https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Tortec-Transalp-Disc-Rear-Pannier-Rack_36833.htm

I was worried when I ordered the rack about the size as it said it was for 26” wheels and I have 27.5”, but there’s lots of clearance above the wheel. The rack doesn’t come with any reflectors or lights. There is a space for screwing either of these on though.

The Giant City bag is a little fiddly to attach and detach, but I like that to be honest as it’d take a thief an extra minute to take off the bag from the rack which could make all the difference in stopping the blighter. There are 8 Velcro straps. The material appears to be a laminated fabric for water resistance / waterproofing (proof is in the pudding). The opening flaps are the length of the bag from top to bottom (seal with Velcro), and the length of material between the two saddle bags forms a handle so you can carry it around with you. Each saddle bag has one corner shortened to stop your heels catching when peddling. There is a small reflective strip sewn into each bag end for safety where you can also clip some cheap Iights on. I also think the piping is reflective too. And lastly, there are plastic inserts for the bottom of each bag to help hold the shape.

I’ll report back after a road test.

I also got £5 discount for spending over £30 using the code TZESU5OFF.

Elysian_Roads

Will do. They fitted perfectly straightaway.

Bag - https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Giant-City-Pannier-Bag_70711.htm
Rack - https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Tortec-Transalp-Disc-Rear-Pannier-Rack_36833.htm

I was worried when I ordered the rack about the size as it said it was for 26” wheels and I have 27.5”, but there’s lots of clearance above the wheel. The rack doesn’t come with any reflectors or lights. There is a space for screwing either of these on though.

The Giant City bag is a little fiddly to attach and detach, but I like that to be honest as it’d take a thief an extra minute to take off the bag from the rack which could make all the difference in stopping the blighter. There are 8 Velcro straps. The material appears to be a laminated fabric for water resistance / waterproofing (proof is in the pudding). The opening flaps are the length of the bag from top to bottom (seal with Velcro), and the length of material between the two saddle bags forms a handle so you can carry it around with you. Each saddle bag has one corner shortened to stop your heels catching when peddling. There is a small reflective strip sewn into each bag end for safety where you can also clip some cheap Iights on. I also think the piping is reflective too. And lastly, there are plastic inserts for the bottom of each bag to help hold the shape.

I’ll report back after a road test.

I also got £5 discount for spending over £30 using the code TZESU5OFF.
Cheers for this @RealLeeHimself .

Actually have also been looking for some panniers to go on the runabout as well, ones that could stay on pretty much all the time so could grab some shopping when out doing errands. Usually limited to just a rucksack, and am the master of buying more than I can carry back in it!

These look like a set that might well do that job, be a little more theft proof, but not be so expensive a loss if a inconsiderate individual did have them away or even the whole bike.....

Thanks for the code as well. Have a good weekend.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Not entirely sure if this counts but l bought the idea of putting a bike together from scratch....then l sold the idea to myself. Or vice versa, Q E D !
Ive made a start as this lot arrived yesterday :cuppa: Any comments , complaints or commiserations with be taken note of and inwardly digested !

Attachments

• 2018-01-20 10.43.29.jpg
    2018-01-20 10.43.29.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 2018-01-20 10.49.28.jpg
    2018-01-20 10.49.28.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 23

mikeymustard

Veteran
In the last two weeks:
105 group set in silver
R650 brakes
Silver seat post
BB cable guide
Two silver bottle cages

All I need now is handlebars (can't decide on nitto randonneurs, noodles or ritchey classic) and stem - in silver, of course.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Postman Pat was kind enough to deliver me a pair of Endura Hummvee MTB shorts that I ordered yesterday from Tredz, excellent service from the company as I hadn't stipulated or paid for one day delivery.

Whats with the bags of sweets in with the packaging though ?

Am I being groomed ???????
If you need ask you probably are^_^

Top Bottom