What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Went out for winter gloves.
Saw some on Sports direct website
Just wanted something big to go over the top of my usual ones.

Got to their shop to find .....nothing.
You need to order them , then pay an extra fiver to get them delivered to the shop.

Shove that big Mikey.

Still it got me on my bike for a few miles there and back along the canal path.

I bought some ski gloves from Decathlon that do the job nicely, if that helps.

froze

Über Member
I went and spent a ton of money today...for 2 screws for my pannier rack to fasten onto my frame...total cost...$0.

pjd57

Veteran
Got these for a tenner. Size up from my usual small. Great with a thin tight pair underneath.
Screenshot_20180114-193528.png

ChrisEyles

Guru
New track pump as the old one now slips on presta valves at high pressure (and will go in the boot for MTB duty). New bar tape for Mrs Chris's Dawes Galaxy. New jockey wheel for rear derailleur, and new brake blocks and cables for the MTB I keep at work. Just got to find some fettling time to fit them!

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Been ill since Saturday - so today I bought a Radial esker 3.1 27.5 mtb frame, so over the next 10ish months I will acquire the parts required to build it up as a winter throw around the trails bike...........I only need wheels and forks, I already have the rest in my man cave

IMG_0010.JPG

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
AEST conventional 1 1/8 headset (blue)
Hope QR seat clamp (30.0mm Blue)
Shimano
Shimano HG30 Chain

oh and some TF2 Wetlube and a Surly 22t cog for the single-speed

Last edited:

Maenchi

StoneDog
3chains & a couple of innertubes.:smile:

mgs315

Bought 4 brackets and used a couple of old planks of wood to make 2 shelves in my shed. So I can actually find bike bits now.

Ah I just keep buying duplicate bits so I’ll eventually find one of them. Your idea may be slightly less expensive mind!

Bought some grease to re-lube my hub bearings. Had to sort a free spinning freehub the other day (just bodged it for now with a rag and a load of WD-40) but had no proper grease so used some chain lube to tide me over til today. The hub is god awful (as are the wheels) so I’ll probably keep an eye on eBay for some used FR7s or something.

In the meantime I may as well strip the front one for shoots and giggles.

kipster

Guru
After going through a couple of Bottom brackets recently (FSA BB-4000), I've just ordered a Praxis BB along with a Praxis Alba Chainset. also a selection of bar tape for my sons bike.

Top Bottom