What have you bought for the bike today ?

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Dark46, 29 May 2014.

1. Heigue'r

Heigue'r Über Member

11-25 6800 ultegra cassette
    Kmc x11 chain

Nice 1 @bpsmith ,have been meaning to treat the bike to some new bits.

bpsmith likes this.
  2. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

For the van Nic, a silver seatpost (£15, couldn’t justify £161 for Ti) and a couple of 28mm tyres

3. RealLeeHimself

RealLeeHimself Just keep peddling, just keep peddling...

Had my first ride out today with the new pannier rack and bag, so I’m reporting back as promised.

After a 12-mile ride, the rack is solid and still bolted tightly to the frame, no loosening at all.

The bags performed well. They were completely filthy by the time I returned home, but cleaned up nicely due to the laminate on the material. The recessed corners stopped the heels of my feet catching on the bags. The long bag lids helped keep everything inside dry. The Velcro straps held true throughout including over some very bumpy ground keeping the pannier bags firmly in place on the rack.

All in all, I’m very pleased with both rack and bags. A great buy and very easy to fit.

Elysian_Roads likes this.
  4. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

Another camera handlebar mount. With all the adaptors I've already amassed, I will soon own every combination of clamp style, diameter and camera fixing known to man!

iancity likes this.
  5. One red and one green grip for the MTB

......................................once a sailor etc

Salty seadog likes this.
  6. ADarkDraconis

ADarkDraconis Cardinal Member

Not for the bike per se, but a snuggly new balaclava for me to wear while on the bike! Does that count? Lunch break shopping trip well spent.

7. Elysian_Roads

Elysian_Roads Well-Known Member

Dangerous territory, the lunch break shopping trip, @ADarkDraconis! Have a new Decathlon store five minutes walk away from the office. Too easy to pop in and browse. Luckily it's relatively small so doesn't hold the full range.

ADarkDraconis likes this.
  8. ADarkDraconis

ADarkDraconis Cardinal Member

^_^ I agree wholeheartedly! This one is a local shop called Ernie's and there are about 4 of them, their smallest is right down the road from my work. It is better for my pocketbook too bad their biggest one is two towns over.

9. kingrollo

kingrollo Über Member

pro 4 endurance tyres for winter bike - which is proving a very expensive winter bike !

10. Elysian_Roads

Elysian_Roads Well-Known Member

I look on the bright side though. I don't think I could ever top what a former colleague did. Went out to buy some shoes and ended up buying a new house.......

ADarkDraconis and Rickshaw Phil like this.
  11. mikeymustard

mikeymustard Über Member

Handlebars arrived today [silver ritchey anatomics- they were only a tenner so if I don't like them I can always move them on], stem should arrive tmoz, a silver planet x cnc jobbie, also ten spuds from ebay.
    And today I finally ordered the last piece of the puzzle, a silver (see the theme here?) seat clamp, so all ready to build my new ride

raleighnut likes this.
  12. Regulator

Regulator Scourge of stale, pale, male snowflakes.

For me really, rather than the bike:

main_OO9383-0438_evzero_polished-black-prizm-trail-pitch_001_111146_png_heroxl.jpg
    Oakley EVZero Pitch Trails. A cracking pair of glasses!

Elybazza61 likes this.
  13. Elybazza61

Elybazza61 Veteran

For the rider not the bikes.

Was in that Laahnden yesterday and had time to spare so nipped in to the Rapha store to see what was left in the sale there and ended up with these two;

Brevet insulated jacket and cross short sleeved jersey

IMG_1645.jpg

Also picked up a couple of their Camelback brevet bidons(that's three new ones after getting a Freebie one at Core Bike Show on Sunday(along with Hope mug,bottle opener and calendar plus an HT pedals t-shirt).

IMG_1646.jpg

Last edited: 25 Jan 2018
  14. Threevok

Threevok Über Member

SealSkinz Open-sole-neoprene Overshoes

They were cheap and the Q&A made me chuckle

Q : "Hello, I would like to ask is it sale in pair or like a single shoe cover?"

A: "They come as a pair.
    Which is useful because most people who ride bikes tend to have two feet."

:laugh:

15. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

:eek: People with one or zero feet cycle too! Bad sealskinz!

ADarkDraconis and Threevok like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice