What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
Dangerous territory, the lunch break shopping trip, @ADarkDraconis! Have a new Decathlon store five minutes walk away from the office. Too easy to pop in and browse. Luckily it's relatively small so doesn't hold the full range.
^_^ I agree wholeheartedly! This one is a local shop called Ernie's and there are about 4 of them, their smallest is right down the road from my work. It is better for my pocketbook too bad their biggest one is two towns over.

pro 4 endurance tyres for winter bike - which is proving a very expensive winter bike !

Elysian_Roads

^_^ I agree wholeheartedly! This one is a local shop called Ernie's and there are about 4 of them, their smallest is right down the road from my work. It is better for my pocketbook too bad their biggest one is two towns over.
I look on the bright side though. I don't think I could ever top what a former colleague did. Went out to buy some shoes and ended up buying a new house.......

mikeymustard

Veteran
Handlebars arrived today [silver ritchey anatomics- they were only a tenner so if I don't like them I can always move them on], stem should arrive tmoz, a silver planet x cnc jobbie, also ten spuds from ebay.
And today I finally ordered the last piece of the puzzle, a silver (see the theme here?) seat clamp, so all ready to build my new ride

For the rider not the bikes.

Was in that Laahnden yesterday and had time to spare so nipped in to the Rapha store to see what was left in the sale there and ended up with these two;

Brevet insulated jacket and cross short sleeved jersey

IMG_1645.jpg

Also picked up a couple of their Camelback brevet bidons(that's three new ones after getting a Freebie one at Core Bike Show on Sunday(along with Hope mug,bottle opener and calendar plus an HT pedals t-shirt).

IMG_1646.jpg

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
SealSkinz Open-sole-neoprene Overshoes

They were cheap and the Q&A made me chuckle

Q : "Hello, I would like to ask is it sale in pair or like a single shoe cover?"

A: "They come as a pair.
Which is useful because most people who ride bikes tend to have two feet."

:laugh:
:eek: People with one or zero feet cycle too! Bad sealskinz!

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
:eek: People with one or zero feet cycle too! Bad sealskinz!

I don't think it was SealSkins who answered the question. I think it was member of the public - on CRC

Elysian_Roads

Had my first ride out today with the new pannier rack and bag, so I’m reporting back as promised.

After a 12-mile ride, the rack is solid and still bolted tightly to the frame, no loosening at all.

The bags performed well. They were completely filthy by the time I returned home, but cleaned up nicely due to the laminate on the material. The recessed corners stopped the heels of my feet catching on the bags. The long bag lids helped keep everything inside dry. The Velcro straps held true throughout including over some very bumpy ground keeping the pannier bags firmly in place on the rack.

All in all, I’m very pleased with both rack and bags. A great buy and very easy to fit.

Thanks again for this @RealLeeHimself . Just bought the Giant City Pannier Bags from Tredz to go on the utility bike, and as these were £26.99, added a Topeak bracket for £4.99 to be able to switch the saddle pack between the other bikes. That took me over £30 spent that enabled me to use the Tredz spend over £30 & get £5 off using code TZESU5OFF offer. Which was nice.

rivers

How far can I go?
New wheels. DT Swiss, I forget the model off hand. Nice and light coming in at 1475g. Going to stick some continental gp4000 iis on them as well.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
cube attention sl frame
2 x sets of mavic crossrides 650Bs
1 x shwalbe rocket rons
1 x wtb horizons
1 x carbon forks
6 x 650b inner tubes
1 x seatpost
1x seatpost clamp
1x zee crankset c/w bb
2 x sram etap replacement hoods