What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Run of the mill stuff a new chain, cassette, chamois cream and teflon grease and hopefully a little bag of Haribo too :okay:

A set of two rear guards. One to fit to the front with a bridge (and cut down) so I can have a long guard up front and the rear to fit as normal.

Just need to put my 32c gatorskins back on to replace the 25c BTwins which I found too narrow but worked with previous guards.

Hedgemonkey

Now Then
Some cables and bar ends to complete all the parts needed to convert from drops to flat-ish bars in an attempt to cure the numb thumb and forefinger on my daily commute.
Typically though, it was so cold this morning, I couldn't feel any of my digits. :ohmy:.

Attachments

• 20180204_195712.jpg
    20180204_195712.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 81
multi release spd cleats ..
upload_2018-2-5_13-26-28.jpeg
£8.99 from hellfrauds

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
Lidl have got their little LED backup bike lights in again. I think they are excellent value and always handy to carry if there is any chance of coming back after sunset or in poor visibility. I bought another pair for the price of ... £1.79!

The lights use 2xCR2032 type batteries each. Those batteries can be quite expensive if you pay full price for single cells but you can get them cheap on eBay - e.g. 20 for £2.49.

Thanks for the heads-up ColinJ, I bought 2 sets this morning and for what they are they’re excellent value! Bought one set in lime/orange as a spare rear light for the Toughroad and the front light fits nicely on top of my Kask Mojito helmet. The other set in pink/blue is for my newly acquired but previously unloved Dahon Curve (aka Clown Force One... as it came with a humongous honk honk horn on it!) that I’m currently rebuilding for guest/town use.

Screwfix have a pack of 2 x CR2032 batteries reduced to 49p at the moment so I got a couple of packs on my way home for spares.

Domus

Guru
Two pairs of Aztec V-Brake Plus inserts. Winter riding takes it's toll.
Had a mechanical on Sunday, chain came off and jammed off the smallest cog. Struggled to keep bike upright whilst removing back wheel to free it. Two cyclists went past ignoring my plight. Anyway with all my pushing and pulling I must have cocked up the rear brake and one side was rubbing all the way home. I thought I was just tired :wacko: Upshot was all pads nearing their limit so new pads all round.

Top Bottom