What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MiK1138

Veteran
cube attention sl frame
2 x sets of mavic crossrides 650Bs
1 x shwalbe rocket rons
1 x wtb horizons
1 x carbon forks
6 x 650b inner tubes
1 x seatpost
1x seatpost clamp
1x zee crankset c/w bb
2 x sram etap replacement hoods
1x wtb saddle

i think thats it
So basically a bike

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Replacement frame for my cracked GT - Brand new On One Inbred 26 vertical dropout in Pearl White

Not many left, if anyone still wants one

Jenkins

Legendary Member
It's payday so time to get a few bits in stock ready:
SKS Raceblade Longs
105 5800 12-25 cassette
SRAM PG1050 12-25 cassette
Halo sports wash

Jason

£35 and turned up today
https://www.alpkit.com/products/love-mud-confucius

They will be going on the Rapid 1 - I like to be different :-)
fu_manchu bars.jpeg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Lidl have got their little LED backup bike lights in again. I think they are excellent value and always handy to carry if there is any chance of coming back after sunset or in poor visibility. I bought another pair for the price of ... £1.79!

The front light is definitely 'to be seen by' rather than any use to light up the road. Both lights have steady and conventional flashing modes, but they also have a very eye-catching 'burst flashing mode'.

I will probably use 2 pairs on my bike so one pair can act as backup for the other.

The lights use 2xCR2032 type batteries each. Those batteries can be quite expensive if you pay full price for single cells but you can get them cheap on eBay - e.g. 20 for £2.49.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Just ordered a garden spray bottle , since a few folk on here recommended them for bike cleaning.
I used to use one when I lived at my previous address and a friend bought one after seeing me use it. They are very handy if you don't have a hose.

I have a permanent hosepipe set up in the back yard at my new address though. I just discovered that my mudguards were clogged with dry mud from my last ride but a couple of blasts from the hose soon had them cleared out ready for today's ride.

KneesUp

Guru
I've just bougth a new (secondhand) 24" wheel bike for the kid. I say 'bought' - it was basically given away: I've been looking on eBay for something suitable for a while but nothing has come up nearby, so I asked at a local shop that sometimes has secondhand bikes outside, and he dragged a 24" out the back saying no-one wanted it because it has no suspension (the kid didn't want suspension anyway) so I could have it for a tenner. It looks hardly used, but has a few shed-scratches, but the kid is adamant that she likes it looking like that and doesn't want it painted - so we've been on eBay together and bought some bits to smarten it up. The mudguards came yesterday, the new cranks should come on Monday (it was ridiculously high geared for a kids bike - who puts a 48 on a kids bike?) and she doesn't like the thumbies so I picked up an as-new Revoshift twist grip thing from the local bike recycling place - her last bike had grip shift so she wanted that again. The tyres look a bit cracked so I'll pick up a new set on the way home today, and it's good to go.

mgs315

Set of Shimano 501s. Grit and rubbish hasn’t been too kind to the rims and freehub of the crappy OEM wheels that came with the Triban so figured I’d do a wee upgrade for peanuts at the same time, especially as I’ve talked myself into not going n+1 for at least another year. Apparently they are a vast improvement over the stupidly heavy current rims so looking forward to Tuesday when they turn up.

It’s also a reward for me being able to make it up a local hill relatively comfortably whilst still on the 39t middle cog of the triple crank as opposed to almost dying on the 30t when I started riding the bike. (Second fastest time this year so far too yay).

EDIT: Update. Mmmmmmmmmm smoooth. Slightly wider rims make for slightly wider tyres even with the same 25cs so even smoother ride (plus better aero and faster acceleration). Even the freehub sounds nicer. Happy chappy here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom